𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 | 52

The passing out of the fortress was relatively easier

The passing out of the fortress was relatively easier. Just a couple of guards had looked at her as she carried the girl in her arms, wrapped in a bed sheet. Dead.

Her sobs were silent as she internally chided at how if she had come and rescued them a bit earlier maybe the girl would have been still alive. The cult was paying those bastards to conduct human trafficking.

Just how evil could that bloody human pest had gone to meet his vendetta? She felt her body shudder as the night breeze blew across the exposed side of her body, which was mostly everything.

At a distance, she could see the back side of the blue dodge that had got them in there, making her know that they had waited for her. Waited in case she came back and had no way of commuting out. Her eyes glancing back at the girl with swollen cheeks and bruised eyes, she felt her heart cry in an agony of being unsuccessful.

Even if she had brought intel, she had failed the mission. She had failed to protect an innocent.

Monsters. They were monsters who used her like they used the girl for their pleasure. And she did what she had been taught to do to monsters. Kill them.

She could no longer hear Taehyung nor Namjoon or Yoongi, in fact, making her think that they had probably switched the mic off and were now awaiting her to leave the capital and be back at the palace.

Taehyung was going to kill her. She knew he would be batshit mad at her for getting involved in the pandemonium earlier but she couldn't just turn a blind eye at it when the screams of those woman could be heard so vividly still. Her arms shook with the weight that she was carrying but she felt burdensome with the weight of the thought that she had no idea how many women like the one in her arms had died in the last years when the brothel was still been in business.

"Oh...my...—" the rugged sobs of one of the women who had scampered out of the van and had ran over to them made Rosaliá come out of her self guilt terrain that she had been dragging herself in.

"Is she—" the woman gasped, her own face marked with several gruesome bruises and marks, now tear stained.

"I—" Rosaliá choked on her words as she saw the woman cry loudly while trying to take the girl from her. Her eyes screwing shut as she saw more of the females come out, shaking still but in spare clothes that they must have kept in the van.

Sobs echoed in the dead of the night. Tears fell that shouldn't have if she had done something earlier. Her heart ached seeing them hug the body close to them as they cried out in the melancholic death of one of theirs.

"I am sorry..." she whispered with her own eyes aching at the sight of how anguish filled the whole scenario was.

                       ~ ♛ ~