𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 | 45

It was a job very tough

As if the Princess of Vietnam, Kiesha, was very fond of her, Rosaliá didn't understand just why did they choose her to do something so throat strangling.

Or maybe she did understand afterall.

Of course they would ask her to do it because they would want to stay aloof of the various prodigious annotations that Kiesha would shower on her if she wasn't dead scared of her life after Rosaliá was openly seen killing her guard.

Choi had been compromised and the only option left was execution. It wasn't like she could help it. The guy had a damn gun in his hand and more than twenty royals in the room without a weapon for their protection. Although the decision was taken on a spur, it was needed to be done.

The sound of footsteps sounding against the graphite footpath that led from the palace quarters to the outdoor lawn, Rosaliá turned to see the Vietnamese Princess walking cautiously as she scanned around the place.

"Your Grace." Rosaliá bowed to her before smiling at her and politely asking her to sit.

The Vietnamese Princess almost looked like her eyes were going to pop out. She must have been informed about the talk when she had gone to visit Vante in his room and maybe they had told her that she would meet her downstairs.

"Are you okay, your Grace? Do you need me to bring you something?" She asked making Kiesha gulp as she stuttered.

"No. I am fine. Please ask me whatever you want. I don't wish to stay here any longer."

Rosaliá could see the fear in the Princess as she fidgeted while sitting there in front of her. Her fingers fumbling with themselves as they sat on her lap, she could see just how anxious Kiesha was.

"When was the first time that you saw your guard Choi? When did he start working for you?" She asked making the tea for her that had been placed for them.

"He didn't used to work for my family before." She said slowly making Rosaliá smile at her as she encouraged her to continue.

"Every year when I leave for Korea, I am appointed a guard who escorts me everywhere and this time one was selected too. Honestly...I had never seen him before." She said shaking her head.

"The guards who used to accompany you before used to work for the Vietnamese royals before coming with you?"

"I d-don't know. I never payed much attention to it." Kiesha rubbed her hands together making Rosaliá look at her to see how red her face had become.

She was embarrassed.

"It's alright. While you were with Choi, had you ever encountered a time when you had grown suspicious of him?" She asked making Kiesha to look at her for a beat before she sighed while thinking.