𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 | 43 | R+

As evening fell, so did the procedure of the burial

As evening fell, so did the procedure of the burial. With the last rights of the male complete, the majesties had asked to be excused as they left for their chambers and so did the other royals.

When he had seen Rosa kneeling down to the secretary, Jungkook realised just how guilty she must be feeling for her to do that. His heart went out to her as he found it undoable to soothe her hurt but he wasn't going to let her drown herself in penitence alone.

If she was suffering, so would he.

And that was how he found her, silently crying as she sat on his bed and stared at nothing. It hurt him to see how she was beating herself over it alone when she knew he wasn't near him or when she wasn't with Taehyung, taking care of him.

"Rosa?" He called out to her as he stood a little far from her tiny looking from in the bed as she held her knees to her chest and spaced out. Seeing how she wasn't responding to him, he found it imperative to approach her or she would get traumatic over this.

"Princess..." he spoke softly, his eyes begging her to look at him and react to him, respond to his call but she stayed motionless.

His hands reaching out to her face, he gently cradled it startling her as her frantic eyes snapped up at him making his heart thunder in his chest with regret.

"Why are you crying?" He asked and saw how her addled self reached out to touch her own face as she wiped away the tears and looked at it as if she wasn't aware that she was crying till now.

"I am sorry—I...I didn't k-know..I.." she mumbled making him see how she was trying to piece back what happened when he held her hand and brought it to his lips.

"Sleep for sometime." He said seeing how her eyes looked tired and red around the rims. The lovely amber to his favourite pair of eyes looked dull and broken as he saw tears clouding them again as they made them look like fragile pebbles of glass.

"I can't sleep." She said making him worry at how she looked like she was about to break down again.

"I will help you sleep—"

"I don't want to." She whispered as her eyes wandered lower before they closed down while her hands held his large one tightly.

"You cannot do this to yourself." Jungkook said as he wavered a hand over her head, brushing back her hair that had framed her face when it had dropped down.

"We have to overcome this unfortunate...incident. And come out stronger." He said making Rosaliá look at him with a look of distress.

"I can't h-help thinking of you in that place." She said making Jungkook realise yet again, that she had been beating herself down over imagining him in a situation of agony. He couldn't help but smile.

"I am not leaving you. Ever." He said firmly but still gentle.

"You make me so strong, you have no idea." He said making Rosaliá sigh as she took a fresh breath of air as if she had been holding it in.