Chapter 43

Tomeo had taken Nanaya on every ride, except those intended for young children. They had even rode the ghost train, and as he suspected, his comrade hadn't been afraid once. Of course, these temporary facilities couldn't afford big roller coasters or huge thrill rides, but the few activities on display seemed to please Nanaya.

When there was not a single attraction left, Tomeo led him to the game stands. He spotted something, and approached a display that featured rifle shooting.

"Do you know how to shoot?" Nanaya asked as he watched him pay for a game.

"Not you ?"

"Not yet... did didn't want me to touch a weapon until I built my first combat robot."

"Reassuring..."

"I don't intend to make one."

"I know. And to answer you, my grandfather taught me. He was part of a shooting club."

He positioned himself correctly and aimed at the targets. He took his time and didn't miss a single one. The fairground congratulated him, surprised and presented him with several lots that he could choose from. The young man had no hesitation. He took a soft toy, before handing it to Nanaya. It was a big ball filled with rice, making it soft and comfortable, more of a cushion than a real plush. Two eyes, two wings and two antennae were sewn onto the yellow and black striped fabric. Nanaya looked up at his friend, surprised.

"But... you won it..." he mumbled.

"I spotted him before I played." Tomeo replied simply, thrusting the plush into his arms. "I won it especially for you. You like bees, don't you?"

"It's more like a bumblebee." Nanaya added with a slight smile. "Thank you... "

Tomeo put his arm around his shoulder and walked over to a food stall to buy dorayaki. He had noticed that Nanaya liked it a lot, and he made sure to offer Hyokko one to appease him, the guardian glaring at him from the start of their outing.

"Aren't you taking it?" Nanaya asked.

"I'm not very fond of this stuff, to be honest. Well ... it's been a while since I ate it. Can my tastes be changed?"

He gave a calculating smile and grabbed Nanaya's to take a bite of it. He grimaced, however.

"Nope. Really not my thing." He muttered.

"So what do you like?" Nanaya asked. "Since you bought it for me ... and you also won the plush for me, can I get you something?"

"... yes... but you won't need to take out your wallet."

He leaned over him and pressed his lips to his. The furball behind them immediately interjected, furious, and pushed Tomeo away.

"Scrounger! Accused the guardian. "You should be ashamed !"

"Hyokko?" Nanaya wondered. "What is happening?"

"... Seriously, Nanaya!"

"Kotaro and Kenji often do it..."

"This... they... raah !! There is not one that is a bit correct in this band !! If I could use my power I would freeze them all!"

"Why ?"

"But... for... you... What I am supposed to do in all this ?!"

"Don't tell him anything." Tomeo cut. "His innocence is a rare diamond."

"As if that's the real reason! You just want to enjoy it!"

Hyokko was still arguing with Tomeo when they were suddenly called into question. Kotaro was approaching them, visibly angry. Kenji, Mineko, Rena, Enko, Ita and the twins were behind and followed him trying to calm him down. Tomeo hastened to grab Hyokko to keep him from speaking and just smirked as he simply recounted the day. It wouldn't hurt to have Nanaya's support, who made sure he had fun. So Kotaro had no reason to hit him with that. Unfortunately for him, Hyokko broke free to shout out loud at them what he had done and he still received a punch in the face from Kotaro, but also from Kenji. Although the guardian also scolded them, reminding them that they were no better. The twins were the only ones who hadn't tried anything.