In Love?

In love?

"What is the design you want on your nails, sir?"

The nail artist asked and Xander turned to his mom that sat next to him.

"Mom, can you help me with choosing one?"

Bella turned towards her son and asked, "Why don't we get matching nails?".

And Xander's look fell on the long nails that she was getting done that looked way extra and he "noped" the idea out of his head after one glance that way.

He said to his mom, "Nope! I think I've got an idea " and faced the artist who was waiting.

"Something that is a mix of gold, yellow, black and brown."

He said as the images of Eros's yellowish gold eyes and straight black hair flashed before his very eyes.

[A/N ~ sTrAiGhT!!! hAiR... See what I did there? I just can't 😅👻 ☠️]

The girl looked puzzled but managed to force a professional smile through it.

"Have a design in your head that you want me to recreate sir? Or would you like to choose what you prefer from this?"

She said sliding a sample book towards his side while tucking a dark blue strand of hair behind her pierced ear. The back of her hand had a drawing that looked like a" henna drawing ".

Colouring his hair and going wild with it was something Xander was dying to do but never really felt like doing.

He loved to look at magazines and photos of people with different hair and tattoos and all that but no matter how much he loved those "human art pieces that look absolutely breathtaking", he never had the courage to go through them.

Because he was afraid that he would get bored of it too quickly as literally everything that had interested him so far.

Or something would go wrong.

Part of it was because he did not really trust people with himself. And part of it was because most of them being irreversible.

For example if he was to get his hair coloured and it turned out patchy or the bleach damaged his hair, he would not be able to reverse it and bring it back to what it was. Right?

Also what if the tattoo artist tattooed the wrong tattoo on his skin, he would feel like tattering his own skin into pieces.

"Nope," Xander slid the book back at her and took his phone out before telling the girl, "Go wild with your imagination! But make sure everything is black, brown, gold and yellow!"

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

On the way home way, a silent ride after Bella ran out of things to say about Xander's new about-to-be-wife girlfriend.

Xander showed the least interest in the conversation.

She had not even met her in person or spoken to her but only had seen a picture.

Yet she behaved like she was one of the old girls from her high school or something.

"Do you wanna join us?"
She asked almost as if it was something interesting.