Chapter 3

"Melissa Reel B. Claveria, she's a first year college at Ephraim University taking Bachelor of Science in Accountancy, 19 years old and lives in Central Hive Building with her parents who are currently employed in Cavillio Villa Resort"

Mahabang sabi ni Chanel sa amin ni Pierce, nanatili lang akong tahimik habang ang katabi ko ay mukhang satisfied—tumango-tango pa ito sa narinig niya.

"Cavillio as in Cavillio Park? yung Lola ni Dove?" Pierce asked in disbelief.

Chanel nodded as a response to his question. "That means her parents are currently in Dove's palm" a hint of anger and frustration appears on her eyes.

"Ayos!" Pierce applauds, "ipatanggal natin sa trabaho nila" he said like that was the smartest move ever. He looks so proud of himself na para bang may nagawa itong tama.

I glared at Pierce. "Stop it you two, wag niyong idamay yung pamilya ni Melissa--"

"You're too kind Cyrena," Chanel cuts me off. "She stole your boyfriend, aren't you mad?" based on her voice it seems like she's about to lose her wits.

I shake my head, "I just feel like it's my fault that he cheated on me" my voice got lower when I slowly let those words out of my mouth.

That's what Stephen said and I remember it very vividly. Every words that he said holds so much power over me, and I hated how that feels. . . because I instinctively lose all my consciousness to him.

"Don't be ridiculous," Chanel said, she's now calm and composed. "how can you even say that Cyrena" she's sad, no—the both of them are. They are pitying me because my two years boyfriend cheated on me with a first year college student who goes to Ephraim.

"Sa pag kaka-alam ko matalino ka" hirit pa ni Pierce sa gilid ko.

Napabuntong hininga ako sa mga sinabi nila sa akin. It's as if Pierce's lectures aren't enough, Chanel knowing my situation made it even more impossible for me to make it out alive in this situation.

"Stephen said I was selfish, hindi ko man lang inisip ang nararamdaman niya--"

"Bullshit Cyrena, he gaslighted you" Chanel cuts me off again. Out of all of them, she's the one who reacted aggressively the most.

It's not that much of a surprise anyway. . . we all knew how much Chanel hates Stephen since day one of us talking to each other. Based on her, she sensed some "Bad Vibes" around him, and I guess that's true after all.

"Anong gaslighted?" tanong ni Pierce kay Chanel, his head is lightly titled to the right.

"It means Stephen manipulated Cyrena's thoughts"

As soon as Chanel finished talking Pierce immediately stood up from the wooden bench and takes out his phone from his pocket.

"Hoy, anong ginagawa mo? don't even think about calling one of your friends!" sigaw ko kay Pierce na sinensyahan akong manahimik.

"Ah, hello pre?" I was about to steal his phone when Chanel grabs my hand to stop me.

"Busy ka ba?" He asked. "Pumunta ka dito after class, may aabangan tayo sa gate"