Chapter 7

Anger and disappointment immediately filled my system-I didn't know that they are still talking to each other. . . let alone Yuri's contact name on Kaizer's phone still has a <3. Seriously, is this guy mocking me?

I cleared my throat when I felt like it's time to answer her question, "Ah, oo, nag mamaneho kasi siya, may gusto ka bang sabihin?" I tried my best to sound nice, but it seems like I caught Kaizer's attention when he looked at my direction.

Well, it's my fault for forcing myself to sound nice when in fact, I just sounded so sarcastic and annoyed.

[It's okay,] her feminine voice fills my ears, [can you give him his phone? important kasi] she asked me like I'm just Kaizer's personal assistant, and that made me more infuriated.

Does this girl want us to get into a car accident? I literally just told her that this man is driving-stop, Cyrena. . . maybe Yuri just want to fix their relationship, and maybe, I will finally get the peace that I've been longing for.

With that idea in mind, I reached out for Kaizer's hand, but he shakes his head. "Cyrena, I'm driving, ikaw na ang makipag-usap" he said, clueless over the fact that I'm currently in line with his ex.

"It's Yuri"

I simply said and looked outside the window to avoid his gaze. Minutes later I heard him let out a sigh-a sign that this whole situation is a pain in the ass for the all mighty captain of Creston Basketball Team.

Kaizer sighed, "Yuri? I'm driving, I can't talk to you right now" just like me, his tone sounds a bit annoyed. . . no wait, let me rephrase that, he really is annoyed.

I can't really hear what Yuri is saying on the other line, but from the looks of Kaizer's expression, I can tell that they are talking about something very important.

"Hmm," he pursed his lips, eyes on the road, his left hand gripping the steering wheel, and the other holding his phone-a typical view from a movie scene, "I see, why don't you ask Jett?" this time, Kaizer's perfectly sleek eyebrow furrowed, "What?"

Our eyes met each other, and I didn't avoided him this time, but instead, I raised my brow at him, asking if something is wrong-Kaizer shakes his head, assuring me that it's nothing.

"I can't visit you today, I'm very busy,"

Amusement is plastered on my face
Oh, I see. Yuri still wants Kaizer-I mean, who wouldn't want him? he's a total package.

Only a fool would hate this guy-and I'm that fool.

"I'm with Cyrena," he glances at me, then back to the road again, "You already know her right? she's the one I mentioned in Skyrim. . . the girl I like, and pursuing"

I immediately avoided his gaze. He's at it again with this pursuing issue.

"Jett would understand"

I don't know for how long they've been talking with each other, but one thing is for sure, Kaizer is desperately wanting to hang up for a while now but can't since he's such a gentleman (note the sarcasm)

Minutes later, he finally lets go of his phone and hands it to me-he then put both of his hands on the steering wheel, sighing, like a storm finally passed by.