Chapter Fourteen

A/N: hellooo

guess who's home for fall break! lowkey tho, i love it in college so much that i don't want to be home but i did miss my fam so

anyway, super cute date chapter!

————————————————————
"Yeah, why not?

Sandra Bullock's got a cute nose."
————————————————————

Adelaide looked up in surprise when she saw the girl sitting down in front of her.

"Adelaide, right?" Phin said, a friendly smile on her face. Adelaide was startled for a moment, but she regained herself.

"R-Right," she said and then smiled a beat later. Another beat of silence passed over them.

"I'm Vivian," her friend greeted from beside her. Phin turned her head to look at her and smiled politely. Beside her, her boyfriend also greeted her.

"Ned," he said. Phin nodded.

"Nice to meet you," she smiled. She glanced at the boy sitting beside Adelaide, wondering why he was looking at her with a curious look on his face. She thought he would be friendly. The look on his face said just the opposite.

"I'm glad you decided to sit with us," Peter said, but the smile on his face didn't quite match the words.

Phin smiled at Adelaide.

"Me, too."

—————

They had never made out in the boy's locker room before.

"Is this...your...locker?" Adelaide gasped between kisses, talking about the locker that Peter currently had her pressed up against. Peter pulled away for a moment and kissed her jaw.

"Of course it is," he breathed hotly into her ear.

She closed her eyes, tilting her head up towards the ceiling when she felt his lips exploring the magical space just below her ear. Her fingers curled and spread in his hair, making themselves home there. Peter didn't mind at all. In fact, he loved the feeling of Ada's fingers in his hair.

His lips met hers again but in a much gentler kiss. The locker room was silent except for them.

He pressed the side of his finger under her chin, holding it with his thumb to tilt her head up to kiss her deeply. Peter's kisses were always filled with love. Whether they were a fast love or slow love, Adelaide always felt his love for her reverberating through his kisses like the melody of a piano in a empty ballroom.

And then, to her disappointment, he pulled away, resting his forehead against hers and leaning both of his arms on the lockers behind her as if to cage her in. She smiled at him softly. His eyes were closed, his lashes resting against his cheek.

He looked so beautiful when he was happy.

And lately, that was all she'd seen him be. She made him happy and just the idea of it warmed her heart. Every time he told her he loved her, she believed it. She could see it all over his face. His eyes always lit up whenever he saw her and his lips always seemed to be fixated into a smile.

"What's on your mind, bugboy?" she whispered gently. With his eyes still closed, his swollen lips slowly tugged upward into a small smile.

"How do you know there's something on my mind?"

"Because..." she whispered into his ear with a smile of her own, "I know you, моя любовь. What's bugging you?"

"Was that a bug pun?" he asked. She smiled slyly.