Chapter Forty-One

A/N: hi hello this chapter is basically just a love letter from peter to ada and warning!: it might make you absolutely melt from cuteness and raise your standards too high that you can't see them anymore

proceed with caution !!

————————————————————

"She's drunk in there, isn't she?"

————————————————————

If there's one thing that Flash Thompson was known for, it was throwing parties.

Which is why, of course, when he had decided to throw his pool summer kickoff party, Adelaide was the first one he invited because he just had to — had to — have Tony Stark's daughter at his summer kickoff. He made her promise to not tell people he begged her but she told Peter anyway who thought it was hilarious.

Adelaide really wasn't in the mood to go. Summer meant not seeing Flash for at least two months and she wanted to savor every moment of that. Then again, Flash wasn't as bad as he used to be. If he was a migraine to be around before, he was just a little headache nowadays.

Plus, she was trying to do a lot of regular teenage summer things since she had been busy dealing with the repercussions of being an assassin for the past few summers. You know, the usual. And a summer kickoff did sound like something regular teenagers did. Besides, Tony and Pepper were whisking her away on a two-week summer trip to Italy soon and she had a lot on her summer bucket list before school started so every moment counted.

So, against every instinct, she told Flash would be there only if he would promise to not pick on Ned or Peter the whole time they were there and he reluctantly agreed.

And so here they were now, the four of them, lying poolside with their eyes closed, sunbathing undisturbed as the party went on around them. Quite loudly, actually.

"I need a drink," Adelaide mumbled lazily.

"I think Flash spiked everything here," Vivian replied just as lazily without moving from her chair. Adelaide groaned.

"Whatever," she mumbled, "It's hot and I'm thirsty. You guys want anything?" They all shook their heads without opening their eyes and she pushed herself out of the chair to go get herself a drink, spiked or not. She found a punch bowl on the table by the door, along with lemonade and sodas (also spiked) and some chips (to soak up all the alcohol) and a few opened boxes of pizza that were mostly empty at this point in the party.

She poured herself a cup of the punch and immediately cringed. This was more like a bowl of beer with some punch for flavoring. How did Flash always get away with this kind of stuff at his parties? Sighing, she chugged it down, the cool liquid relieving her dry throat only for a moment before she felt thirsty again. She poured herself another cup, basically chugging it down too.

In retrospect, it was a bad idea. But life isn't lived in retrospect so Adelaide drank one more cup, thinking she wasn't that much of a lightweight and momentarily forgetting that all she had had for breakfast this morning was coffee.

So, naturally, the beer-punch went straight to her head. And when Peter found her again, she was playing truth or dare with Flash and a giant group of kids from their school.