Chapter Thirty-One

A/N: hellooo

so this is my last wednesday before school starts up again and idk if i'm excited for it or if i'm dreading it. i'm still deciding. definitely not mentally prepared to be dragged down with stress and homework and forceful socialization lol. *sigh* it's been a long winter break. sorry if the a/n's have become depressing lately lol. things have been really dull around here and i still feel like shit :/

anyway, sort of a plot twist in this chapter which is completely irrelevant to the actual plot but still kinda funny. enjoy!

————————————————————

"I won't tell if you won't."

————————————————————

Peter wondered what it would cost him to spend one normal day without people trying to hurt him or destroy the city or even have a girlfriend whose dad was just a regular guy that worked at a bank or something instead of being a famous billionaire.

Picturing his life as normal made him feel ridiculous.

With a sigh, he swung off the roof and into the prison facility. Just another day. Another very regular day at a prison facility while the rest of his team was competing in a decathlon.

He was in the back of the facility where they received their food deliveries. The alarm was already going off so he knew that the Boss's men were here and Phin's uncle was on the move. He ducked behind the wall as he heard a truck approaching.

Bingo, Peter thought. A food delivery truck. The truck parked backward, opening the shutter by the entrance. Sure enough, a couple minutes later, two men dressed as security guards showed up from inside holding a body bag. That had to be Phin's uncle in there. They threw him inside the truck before the shutter closed and then the truck was off, heading towards the ferry.

Peter quickly jumped, silently landing on top of the truck. He stayed low as possible to go unnoticed as the truck was loaded onto the ferry.

He just had to stay this way until they reached land and they made the switch.

—————

"Has anyone seen Adelaide or Peter?" Mr. Harrington asked the group. They all looked around the room, making questioning eyes at each other.

"Adelaide went to study with Phin the next room," Vivian said. But before Mr. Harrington could answer, Betty interrupted.

"No, that room's empty," Betty said, shaking her head.

"I think Peter went to the bathroom," Ned said just as Flash walked into the room, drying his hands against his pants.

"Parker? I was just in the bathroom, he wasn't there," Flash said, "Why, what happened? Did he ditch the group again? Typical. You know, Mr. Harrington, we should really kick him out this time."

"You don't think they're both..." Betty said, glancing a Vivian, "You know?" Vivian cringed at the thought.

"No, they're more responsible than that," Vivian said.

"You're telling me Parker and Adelaide are making out in some closet while the rest of us sit in here and study like idiots?" Flash exclaimed, "See, I knew it. I knew Adelaide dating him would never end well. I told you guys."

"Alright, alright, everybody calm down," Mr. Harrington said, "There is no reason to just jump to conclusions. Flash, Betty, I want you both to go look for them right now. And when you find them, please tell them they are needed here, alright?"