Chapter Nineteen

A/N: howdy

so i (once again) apologize for the lack of a gif, i am so sorry, you guys don't even realize. i deeply regret the pain that i have caused anyone for my actions and *obvs fake youtuber tears* i-i'm sorry, god, i can't believe i'm crying. this is so embarrassing. i've really learned my lesson this time. i hope you all can forgive me and we can one day move on from this

...

i honestly don't know what that was but in my defense, i just did differential equation problems for like four hours straight just now so my brain is pretty much dead and so is my humor, apparently.

idek. anyway. i have a song (left hand free, a popular favorite among spidey fans) up there instead of a gif which is a good listen for this chapter, especially for the last chapter. also i know i apologized but there will most likely not be a gif up there again next week either lol. i know how much you guys all love the gifs and your day is devastated without them, i know, i'm sorry.

ok ok enough gif talk i'm publishing this early cause god knows i'll forget to tomorrow lol so enjoy ig lol

and pls listen to the song with the last scene if you want to make the whole vibe even funnier :)

————————————————————

"Ned."

————————————————————

MJ and Vivian had both arrived early at their usual lunch table so it was just the two of them.

"So...Adelaide and Peter, huh," MJ said.

"Wait, you know?" Vivian asked, talking about how they were helping Mr. Harrington.

"Yeah. Ned told me," MJ said, "Never thought that it would come to that. I mean...I just never saw it coming."

"Yeah," Vivian said, "Who could have imagined, right?" Mr. Harrington always looked so happy and upbeat. She had never seen his whole homelessness coming.

"Exactly. I thought everything was going well. I don't know why...it was necessary," MJ said. She really thought Peter and Adelaide had been doing great with their lives. She couldn't think of a single reason why they would have to deal drugs.

"They must have really suffered through something terrible," Vivian said, "A decision like that can't be easy."

"And it's really hard to undo," MJ said. Once they were in the drug business, it would be damn near impossible to get out.

"Lasting impressions," Vivian agreed. Mr. Harrington's marriage would never be the same again.

Then, the rest of their group joined the table and the two girls forgot about their conversation altogether.

—————

For once, everyone was focused during their decathlon meet that afternoon.

Ned and Vivian were going over some trivia together, MJ was reading over her physics notes, Betty was getting ready to go over her flashcards, and Flash was about to sit down with his Spanish notes to study.

Well, almost everyone was focused.

Adelaide and Peter were hiding in an empty classroom nearby, giving up on keeping their hands off of each other. You couldn't blame them. Trying to pretend to be in a fight all day while Peter also had to pretend he had picked up a girlfriend off the streets was very hard to do.