Chapter Forty-Six

A/N: alright hello and welcome to infinity war!!

in honor of from the dark hitting one million views, here's a surprise chapter on a random sunday afternoon :)) seriously, i still can't believe one of my books has one million views. i'm currently still processing it lol

we are taking things slowly in this chapter so don't worry, no one is dying (yet) but it is...inevitable. sorry, bad joke.

keep in mind, there is a nine month time skip in this chapter and that's because between the astronomy exhibit and this, all that happened was they went to school and continued to be crazy in love. i figured i'd written enough of that for you guys to have a pretty good idea of how life is going for everyone right now, hence the time skip

anyway, this is like an infinity war preview but this wednesday, we will hit the ground running!

————————————————————
"Is this the same competition

where you almost die at every year?"
————————————————————

NINE MONTHS LATER

"Alright, alright, everyone settle down," Mr. Harrington said to his decathlon team, "Now I know last year's competition was a bust because...well, there was an earthquake and we never actually competed, but this year is our year! This year, our competition is being held at MoMA and we will definitely be competing!"

Little did they know, this year, like the previous year, they were definitely not competing.

Everyone groaned in annoyance.

"In New York? Again?" Flash grumbled, "Why can't we go somewhere cool, like Prague?"

"Come on, you guys. MoMA can be really fun! I'm sure most of you have never even been there before," he said. No one really listened to him after that. He had lost their interest.

"I feel like I'm getting deja vu," Vivian mumbled quietly to Adelaide. She chuckled.

"I wanna say we'll be safer not leaving the state, but look what happened last time," she whispered back. They kept their eyes on Mr. Harrington, nodding to pretend they were listening. Everything he said was written on the permission form anyway.

"Maybe we're cursed," Vivian said to her and she nodded in agreement.

"It's the only explanation," she mumbled.

"...The competition is in two weeks, people, so get studying!"

—————

"How come you don't get Happy to sign your permission slips anymore?" Tony grumbled as he signed what felt like a million different pages. There was just so much to fill out. Contact numbers and names and emails and the list went on for infinity. The packet of forms was like a novella.

"Since you've officially announced yourself my father, the school says you get to do the honors," Adelaide replied, "Congratulations."

They were sitting together at the kitchen island as usual. Her, eating her regular healthy after-school snack of chocolate (they had almonds in them so it counted) and Tony...well, Tony being Tony and complaining about the slightest inconvenience to himself.

"Why don't you bother Pepper with this? She's technically your mother, you know," he grumbled, flipping through the pages, "Do I really have to read all of this?"