Chapter One: Roadtrip!

Warm but not too hot. Perfect for a summer road trip. As Jane and I loaded the black and aquamarine Jeep, we couldn't help but wander what the next month would have in store. It was mid-July, 85° outside, and not a cloud in the sky.

Even though we were only 17, we were going across the country. Traveling from a small town in Kentucky, all the way to Los Angeles, California. Jane and I waved goodbye to our families and started towards the interstate.

As Jane drove, I plugged my phone into the AUX cord, playing Upchurch, my personal favorite. We were jamming out and singing at the top of our lungs when all of a sudden my phone started ringing, cutting off the music.

It was a number I didn't recognize, but I answered it anyway. I said, "hello?" And a boys voice on the other end said, "Hey Danelle!" I said, "who is this?" As Jane urged me to put the phone on speaker. Just as I put the phone on speaker, the boys voice said, "It's Forest!"

Jane and my eyes boggled, the hottest guy in school was on the phone with us.

I finally stuttered out, "Why did you call us?" Forest replied with, "Look over!" Jane and my eyes go to the passenger side window to see not only Forest but Lee also! They were driving Lee's red Mustang, and driving right beside us. Lee was driving, with forest riding shotgun just like Jane and I.

Jane screams into the phone, "what are you two doing?"

Lee said, "well, we heard y'all were going to Cali, we found out what condo you guys were staying in, and decided we'd go too!" Jane and I were speechless.

I finally stammer out, "where did you find out which condo we are staying in?"

Forest replied with an amusing tone, "That's for me to know, and you to never find out"

I smirked saying, "Oh don't worry, I'll find out" and with that, I hung up.

Jane then said, "Danelle, what are we going to do? We can't share a condo with them! They're hot and all, but still!"

I said, "Don't worry Jane, they don't know which condo were staying in."

She whined, "how can you be so sure?" I replied with a smirk, "did you tell them?" "No?" She questioned. I smiled, "neither did I, and it's illegal for the condo owners to tell them, so therefore they don't know"

I could tell she was relaxing a little now. She laughed," I guess you're right, they're just messing with us" I nodded, and turned our music back up loud enough to drown out my thoughts.

*edited, edited again, I can't believe this book is trending #59 in adventure right now! Ive decided to go through and edit the whole book! Thanks for all the reads, comments, and votes!*