Chapter 7: Bo Duke

It wasn't long before Forest turned down the radio. He looked over at me and smiled. I was not looking at him, I was ignoring his gaze. I felt my face turning red. 'I hate being center of attention' I thought.

Forest then laughed, I finally looked at him. I said, "What?"

He said, "You're so cute when you get nervous."

I scoff, "I wasn't nervous."

He smirked, "Oh really? You could've fooled me."

I rolled my eyes.

He laughed for a minute before I felt his eyes wash over me again. That was the thing about Forest- his eyes are extraordinary. 

They are as blue as where the ocean meets the sky. And even with just a glance, they can make you feel more seen than you ever have before.

I was always jealous of people with pretty eyes. I have black eyes, so black you can't see my pupils. Weird, I know. I always fix my makeup to make them look like a dark brown.

Forest interrupted my thoughts saying, "What are you thinking so hard about?"

I smiled and said, "How beautiful the ocean is going to be?" Oh lord, I hope he believes that lie.

He glanced over at me and grins, "Well, I'm sure it won't hold a candle to how beautiful you are." I felt my cheeks turn red and I fell speechless.

Right then, Jane called. 'She's always saving my butt' I thought as Forest answered my phone.

"Are you guys still alive back there?" Janes voice echos through the car. Forest laughs, "barley" imitating that popular vine. We all laugh. Lee says, "Just making sure Danelle hasn't killed you yet, man."

Forest laughed, "nah man, but she sure can drive this mustang though!" Lee replies through a chuckle," I know it, we will have to call her Bo Duke!" We all giggled.

"Bo Duke drove a 1969 Dodge charger, actually." I say glancing at Forest before turning my gaze back to the road.

When Forest hung up, he looked over at me and said, " You know a lot about cars?"

"I know a thing or two." 

Forest smirked, "Our friends are crazy."

I laughed and with a smirk I say, "You're just now figuring that out?"

He laughed and said, "I guess we're crazy too."

I scoffed, "speak for yourself."

He turned serious and said, "obviously, we are all crazy. We're 17 and 18 and running across the country to see a dream come true."

I smiled faintly, "I don't think that makes us crazy, I think it keeps me sane. But it proves how brave we all are."

He smiled, "I guess you're right."

*edited*