Chapter 39

When we all finished laughing, I left Lee and Forest to talk about 'pack stuff' so me and Jane went to her room.

She sat down on the bed, and I leaned against the wall, "soo, spill." I said.

Jane played with the end of her shirt, "I was kind of worried about what would happen to the whole 'mates' thing after we all went home."

I nodded, "And?"

She sighed, "And Lee said that me and you would go back to the pack house to live with Forest and Lee."

Shock went over my face, "Like right away?"

She nodded, "But the worst part is, we won't get to see our families much."

I put my head against the cool wall. I sighed , "Wow. How did all of this turn out so complicated, Jane? I can't just drop my life to go play Luna for Forest. I have dreams too."

She nodded, "Me too. But what can you do?"

I shrugged, "I'll figure out something."

She sighed, "What are your dreams?"

I shrugged again, "Ya know, I've always had my head wrapped around the idea of getting into a wonderful university, getting a good job, getting married, and having a family I can support. But now? Now all I want to do is buy a 1 way plane ticket and not come home."

Jane sighed, "I feel the same way."

And with that Forest and Lee came barging in the room, very livid.

Forest screamed, "You're not going anywhere Danny. You. Are. Mine. And you will go back to my pack with me. And you will be the best Luna they've ever had."

And with those livid words, my blood started boiling. Don't ever tell a southern girl what she can and can't do.

I glared at him, putting my hands on my hips, "Don't you ever tell me what I will do."

His eyes darkened to a midnight black, showing he was angry, "you're my mate Danny! I'll take you back if I have to drag you."

Lee and Jane were speechless during our fight. I was beyond mad at Forest. Like who does he think he is? I ain't going down without a fight.

I screamed, my chest heaving, "Forest, you have 5 seconds to get away from me before I do something I might regret."

He glared at me, as if daring me, "Like you would do anything. You're all bark and no bite, Danny."

Oh heck no.

And with that being said, I stepped close to him, feeling my hand connect with his face.

I stepped back watching his reaction. I had my arms crossed over my chest. He snaps his head back up to look at me. He blurts out, "You just punched me?!" With the area around his eye already changing colors.

I smirked, "I thought I was all bark and no bite, big bad alpha."

He glared at me, he screams through clenched teeth, "Danny. This argument is over. You're going back to my pack with me."

I laughed. He glared at me. And I laughed even harder.

I looked him in the eyes, "You're cute when you're bossy."

He narrowed his eyes at me.

Jane died laughing and so did Lee.

Lee laughs, "Forest, brother, your little mate just showed you who's boss."

I smirked.

Forest laughed, "You're something else Danny."

I looked at Jane, "And that is how you handle an argument."

Forest smiled and shook his head at me. God I love it when he does that.

Lol, actually I dont. I hate it. Do I look like a comedian to you? No.

I glared at forest, "Stop laughing at me."

His head snapped up, and his lips formed a smirk. Oh how I wanted to punch that smirk off his face...again.

I glared at him again, "Stop."

He steps closer to me, putting his arms around my waist. He whispers in my ear, "let's settle this in our room." And I felt chills run up and down my spine.

I smirked, "Why? Afraid to see your friend watch you get beat up again?"

Forest turned serious, "Nobody. I mean nobody can beat up this Alpha."

I laughed, "Oh that's funny. Because I think I just did?"

He smiled, suspiciously, "I can't wait to take you home with me and make you the Luna."

I laughed, "I'm busy."

His eyes turned darker again, "You. Will. Be. The. Luna."

I nodded, "Righttt." I say sarcastically.

He grabbed my waist, kissing me. He pulled back, "I'm serious Danny, you won't leave once I get you there."

It's going to be a challenge to get me there.

*Edited*