chapter 29

I've heard the stories. I've read the books. I've watched the movies. But never, not once, did it cross my mind that werewolves actually existed.

Now, I'm 'mated' to one. And not just any werewolf either. Im mated to The Alpha.

The alpha is the one who runs the pack, and makes sure the pack is safe and took care of. Or at least that is what Forest explained to me. And a Pack is a group or werewolves who all live together, and are like family.

I would be the packs Luna. The Luna is the alphas mate, and is like a mother to the pack. She will rule right next to alpha and is ranked with him.

Mates are who the moongoddess puts you with. Mate is short for 'Soul Mates' and is the one person who will love you forever, and will protect you at all costs.

This is all very new to me. I mean mates. I don't even believe in love, as a human. Let alone Soul Mates or Mates. I believe that Forest likes me. But they all leave in the end, right? I just don't believe someone could love me for forever. I just can't fathom what is going on. I mean, how does he know he loves me? He doesn't know anything about me.

Forest pulls me out of my thoughts by whispering in my ear, "I know you dont understand, but you will soon."

I replied, "I don't want to wait until 'soon' I want to know now."

He smiled, "Okay."

He flipped us over to where I'm laying on my back on the bed and he is hovering above me.

I looked at him in confusion, "Forest?"

He smiled, "Just trust me Danny."

He ran his hands down my waist and shocks went through my skin. Tingles danced around like I was caught in an electric fence.

He said, "Do you feel that?"

God his lips look so perfect, I just want to kiss him so bad.

I nodded my head. He smiled, "That's the invisible bond pulling us together. Because right now, what's running through your head is how bad you want to kiss me, right?"

I looked at him in shock. He just read my mind, "Yeah, but did you read my mind?"

He nodded.

I whined, "That's so unfair! I can't read yours!"

He grinned, "No, but after we complete the mating process, you will be able to. And we can mind link then."

My eyes went wide with fear. Did he just say mating process? Nope, sorry not happening. Nope.

He read my mind again, "Baby, we don't have to until your ready. We have forever."

I thought, i guess ill wait for the day before Forever ends, im a good procrastinator anyway. I sighed, "okay."

My mind was running circles and it was making me dizzy. And I knew he was reading my mind, so I did what I always seem to do on a test in math, I forgot everything and song lyrics started playing.

Forest died laughing. He said, "Really? You're keeping me out of your mind with song lyrics?"

I smiled in victory hearing nothing but the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song in my head.

In west Philadelphia born and raised on the play ground is where I spent most of my days, chillin out, maxin, relaxin, all cool shooting some bball outside of school.

Forest started singing out loud, so I joined him. By the end of the song, we were laughing like hyenas.

He then looks at me seriously, he cups my face in his hand and kisses me slowly. My arms wrap around his neck, my hands entangling in his soft, brown hair. His lips moving over mine in such a passionate way. I wondered if it was a sin to be kissed like this, but I couldn't help but to want more. He was intoxicating.

*Edited*