Chapter 6: On The Road Again

Before 10:00 am we were loaded up and  ready to hit the road again. Me and Forest took the mustang, and Lee and Jane in the jeep.

I was driving and Forest was riding shotgun. I had the radio on, and cranked up loud. When Forest reaches over and turns the music down.

He says, "So, Danelle, what's your boyfriends name?"

I laughed, "I don't have one." My hand sitting on the gear shift as I change gears to pass a slow car.

He looked shocked, he starts babbling, "What? Why? You're too pretty to be single!"

I rolled my eyes, "Oh hush! Your pants are on fire!"

He laughed, "Your southern accent is so cute."

I blushed like an idiot before smirking, "Whatever Forest."

He turned serious, "But seriously Danelle, why are you single?"

I tapped my fingers on the steering wheel, "I just got tired of being lied too, cheated on, and played with I guess, plus I can take care of myself."

He said, "fair enough." I turned the radio up and settled in for a long drive.

I let the loud music clear out any thoughts, one hand resting comfortably on the gear shift, the other on the wheel. The windows rolled down, sunglasses on. I couldn't help but to wonder what this trip would have in store.

*edited*