Chapter 9: WITCH AMBITION Part 1: A Rising Star.

Lily Baker is on the Quidditch pitch, broom in hand and in uniform.

Beside her Jenni Lang, Lily wants to make her a good seeker, her replacement when she leaves Hogwarts in a few years.

They get into position; the snitch is released and here they are chasing him.

The snitch takes them high in the sky, then zigzags down, he makes them fly over the lake at full speed, passes between the trees of the forest.

Lily shows unusual reflexes avoiding branches and not slowing down.

Jenni is hit hard by a branch, she falls, luckily Lily catches up with her and they return to the field.

Lily treats her younger cadet's injuries with care, Jenni watches her carefully, she feels sorry to be a burden during training, she wants to express herself but the words do not come out.

Lily notices Jenni's embarrassment, she rubs her head.

"Don't worry about that, every chaser has at least taken a branch or two, we practice to try to avoid them." Lily takes her broom and gets into the Shall we get back to it?"

"How do you keep up with the snitch? Did the broom have something to do with it?" Jenni asks.

Lily looks at her broom and Jenni's, she notices that hers is indeed a more advanced model.

"We trade for this time if you want."

The snitch is released again, they follow it, Lily's prowess is unchanged, Jeni has trouble controlling the broom, she crashes into a wall.

Lily catches up to her and heals her again.

"There you understood, I hope? The broom is just an instrument, the player is the one in control."

"So how do you keep pace with the ball while dodging obstacles?"

"I don't see them." Lily said firmly "You see I like to fly and when I fly on a broom, I feel like I am one with the wind, I have this feeling of freedom within me, invincibility, during a match I have a goal in sight, I only see this goal to achieve and I only think about the moment when I will hold the snitch in my hands. I don't pay much attention to obstacles. I imagine that when we were flying over the forest you were afraid of the branches, you thought to yourself that it would be if you hit a tree? Then when we exchanged the broom, you only thought of controlling the broom?"

Jenni nods, Lily strokes her head and smiles at her.

"It's all in your head, just focus on one goal, give your mind a goal, the body will move on its own." Come on, let's resume! "

The snitch is released again, they pursue him, under the platform, in the sky, they fly over the roofs of the school, in the forest, then again in the sky.

Jenni follows Lily from behind, she manages to dodge branches, gets hit but avoids falling.

They land on the field; Lily is surprised to see Jenni smiling despite the scratches on her face.

"It works captain, it works, it only lasted a moment but I was able to share your vision." Jeni told her all happy "By dint of training I can fly like you?"

Lily answers him with an approving smile.

"I find it normal that you are excellent at everything if this is the way you live, give one goal at a time in mind."

Lily looks into the spectators' stands.

"Believe it, I'm not good at everything."

Jenni didn't understand what she meant; she follows Lily's gaze to try to understand but she only sees a Slytherin boy waving his arms in encouragement.