Chapter 7: WITCH FIGHTS Part 1: the challenge.

2 days after the dormitory events.

Daeren is in the great room reading a book. Ravenclaw students stare at him in disgust.

Claudio joins Daeren with food and drink. They begin to chat, drink and eat in low voices.

Morgana Lessa passes with her friends. Daeren sees her and smiles at her. She just makes a "Hmph" and goes on her way. They are quickly approached by boys.

"Hmm? Oh, Lessa eh? It's true that you crush on her."

"Of course, not?"

"The proof: the curse on her supplies, the attempt to stop the sacrifice of the first-year students. It's the first time that you've struggled for a person, a girl moreover. And your reaction when she ignored you... crush."

"No! I don't have a crush; I don't want a distraction. I just thought we had a great flow."

"Yeah, yeah I believe you. You had a good foundation for a good relationship but that was before she knew you were a pervert capable of breaking into the girl's dorm."

"There are two of us in this case."

"Yes... yes... but above all, you. Not to mention that you love Lily Baker."

"RRMMMM! Don't remind me! The worst part is that I have to play the game at least a year before I say that I met someone else during the holidays."

"Hahahaha. This dear Gilles De Roy is watching you. But you still did well. I never thought of blaming love." Claudio chokes on laughter. "Don't worry about De Roy... I have something on him." Said Claudio waving his little notebook.

Daeren looks at Morgana who is chatting with some friends. His heart sinks when a boy gets a little too familiar with her.

Kiarah Han and Lily Baker enter the room, they come back unhappy with their detention, they each join their group of friends.

A group of Gryffindor students enter the room. At their head James Smith.

They walk over to the Slytherin table, he looks furious. It is addressed to Cedric Parkinson.

"Daeren Blackwood! Where is he?"

Parkinson responds with great indifference and does not bother to look at his interlocutor, however he points to Daeren while smiling.

"He is down there!"

James walks with a determined step towards Daeren, his group of friends with him.

The pupils around feel that something is going to happen. They cease their activity.

They pretty much imagine what's going to pass, a direct clash between a Gryffindor and a Slytherin. James Smith, a little taller than Daeren, a charming face, a good physique, but more importantly, Lily's ex.

"Blackwood!"

"Pleasure?"

"So, it seems you took good care of our cadets. Are you spying on my girlfriend ?!"

James' tone of voice vibrates with anger and hatred, he would have liked to draw his wand but the consequences that this could entail made him resign to the idea.

On the other hand, Daeren was calm.

"Cadet? No, it does not ring a bell. Your girlfriend? Your girlfriend? Oh Lily? No, I do not think so. You guys broke up."

"Do you deny that you put a curse on our cadets? No big deal. I know it. It's all that matters. And no, I never broke up with Lily. I really love her and I will not tolerate a pervert coming to see her in her sleep to undress her!"