Chapter 11: WITCHES 'RANCONES. Part 1: create a team.

Daeren looks at the girls who are in bad shape.

"Okay. What happened?"

"Before explaining ourself, wouldn't it be better to leave this dangerous place?" Rune suggests.

"Yes, yes, yes. But where to go? I'll tell you the story, we're supposed to be in detention. Firstly, I have not come. Secondly, you were outside. Thirdly, we fought... no... I just fought ghosts that hurt you. In short, we are in the middle of an offense. So, I repeat... go where?"

"Excuse me." said Kiarah "Did you just fight? You haven't fought anything... we've fought it already and worn it out. Your role was just to deliver a coup de grace."

"Hahaha. Coup de grace? Did you hurt him perhaps? If I hadn't come, what would have happened?"

They don't say anything.

"Okay... this is what I suggest to you. Go to the infirmary... get treated and make up an excuse for the injuries... especially for the bimbo passed out there. Go back to your dorms and forget about this evening. Don't worry about the specters."

"Are you going to take care of it?"

"Yes. These swellings ruined......... quite a job. It has become personal. Very personal. I will look for them and kill them."

"Do you think you can?"

"I almost killed one if it weren't for Baker and some of the Specter buddies who came to help him... In one evening... So, with some preparation time I do a ghost genocide on you. I will destroy them to the last."

"And pick up all the glory alone? Never! I want to be in it."

"And what is your participation and your motivation my dear cous___ Kiarah?"

"Information and... I do it by......... a sense of responsibility."

Kiarah recounts to Daeren the events of the opening of the bottle until their fight.

Lily, all tired, listens to them talk.

She feels that she must warn the Headmistress, recent events have proven it.

And yet she has a fear... Kiarah and Daeren talk about allying themselves against a common enemy.

Individually they are dangerous, she has personally experienced it.

She can imagine what they could do together.

She has to prevent that... but how?

Daeren bursts out laughing.

"No but... how could you have thought for a moment that you could have beaten a specter? He's not a ghost or a bogeyman."

"At least we wanted to do something!" Lily answers dryly.

"So why did you target me with your spell earlier?"

"...... Fatigue made me see double."

"Hmmm. Okay, we have some background so I accept your apologies."

Lily clenched her fist hard as she thought back to the nighttime attack she suffered, the injuries to James and Mateo.

"I don't apologize for what I did."

"Not even remorse?"

"Do you care for everything you've done?"

Daeren is silent for a moment. And before he has time to respond, Lily continues.

"And also, I don't need your permission for wanting to stop these specters. I freed them; it is my responsibility to fix my mistakes."

"Even if you risk getting killed?" Asks Daeren.