Chapter 12: WITCH TRAINING. Part 1: know the enemy

The day after the box opens, Lily Baker, Aria Han, Rune Evans and Daeren Blackwood are about to meet in the detention room.

Lily and Rune are the first to arrive, take their seats.

They put down their bags, take out some croissants and eat.

No sooner have they taken a bite than Kiarah enters in turn, a face showing no emotion.

She walks slowly, puts herself at a distance neither too close nor too far.

She strokes her itchy arm; she didn't notice the stain until she woke up.

Lily does not fail to notice Kiarah's discomfort. She doesn't know how to approach Kiarah.

If she tried to talk to her or show her attention, she is afraid of being insulted or at worst cursed. She feels that Kiarah can do it.

At the same time, her stain is itching.

The door opens, Daeren steps in angrily, parchment in hand.

"You are late!" Kiarah and Lily told him furiously at the same time.

"For good reason. That bitch Ella almost told the nurse everything about yesterday, I must have put her to sleep."

Rune walks up to him "If you hurt her Blackwood, I swear I'll make you pay for it."

"Considering what you were able to do yesterday, I doubt it. She is going better! She refuses to come here out of fear, well she will live in fear for life."

He writes a long sentence on the parchment, then burns it and blows the ashes into the air.

"What have you done?" Lily asks him.

"I have cursed this cowardly woman, every time she is in the dark, she will remember the events of yesterday, the curse will end if she manages to overcome her fear, which is far from possible in her case."

Kiarah folds her arms in silence, Lily and Rune look at each other.

"Okay, let's put in a circle. Strategic meeting."

Kiarah laughs mockingly.

"Excuse me Daeren, but I thought we need to practice?"

"Correctly, Kiarah. But not head down. To know what to learn we first need to know what we are facing."

"Specters! What else do you want to know?"

"Their kind! Their type of attack! Their environment! Their objective! And more importantly their weak point! This is what you need to know. We do not fight blindly but with precision!"

"Lower your tone! You've already cursed the other one there, ease right now!"

"I cannot! Because these specters... I don't know... We fight them at night, and a few hours after..."

He pulls up his wizarding robe and shirt to show his forearm, revealing his stain to others.

"This thing formed in pain... it's a sign... those ghost bastards have targeted me or something!"

The girls look at each other and stroke their forearms in an embarrassed manner.

Rune is the first to reveal her stain, followed by Lily and finally Kiarah.

Daeren looks at them puzzled.

"You have to be treated; you have contracted the gall."

The girls crush his foot at the same time.

"Asshole!" Kiarah told him.

"It's obvious that you have the gall, you scratched yourself before showing your spot."