Chapter 11: WITCHES 'RANCONES. Part 2: spectrum meeting

The specters are in the depths of the forest.

They form a circle; their voice is similar to whispers but quite distinct.

These are the children of Djinn who came out of the box.

Jack Lantern, a specter of the nightmare.

Nicolas, a specter of famine.

Astaroth, a specter of desire. Helped by Zoroaster always by her side.

Pisinoé, a specter of speech.

"A hectic wake-up call isn't it, Jack?" Said Nicolas.

"I'm going to kill him. I swear I'll kill this wizard." Jack answers.

"You'll deal with your vendetta later. We have a job to do." Zoroaster said furiously.

Jack becomes calm again. Astaroth speaks.

"We are in a very strange time. I suggest we go there smoothly, without rushing. Let's take the time to enjoy this time of being finally outside."

"Of course, my sister." Said Zoroaster. "But in order to stay there, we must not lose sight of our goal. Without forgetting that our time is limited."

"To Feed from those who freed us within 4 days of sacrifice." Said Nicolas. "We fail, we go back to the box, we succeed, we will be set free forever."

"How many were there?" Astaroth asks.

"3 girls." Jack replies.

"We are 5!" Zoroaster replied violently. "The sacrifices are not enough!"

"So, we just have to increase them." Said Nicolas.

"You realize that it will reduce the little strength that we have accumulated." Astaroth said.

He holds out his hand, particles of light are drawn like magnets towards him. He inspires a little and passes the rest to others.

"We've had enough thanks to the contents of the cauldron in this cellar. And we just need to be in the right environment to be filled up again." Nicolas answers calmly.

The specters are silent for a long moment, giving way to a dead silence.

Astaroth raises her skeletal hand.

"I choose the passed-out girl as my sacrifice."

She mumbles a phrase incomprehensible to human ears, and a sort of light tattoo of Ella Salvador's head appears on her forearm.

"I'm taking the one that was able to locate us."

Zoroaster mumbles a phrase incomprehensible to human ears, and a sort of tattoo of light with the head of Rune Evans appears on his forearm.

"Well, I take the one that faced me... it's very promising."

Nicolas mumbles a phrase incomprehensible to human ears, and a sort of light tattoo of Lily Baker's head appears on his forearm.

"I choose the one who treated me like a dog!" Jack said with a voice full of hatred.

He mumbles a phrase incomprehensible to human ears, and a sort of light tattoo with Daeren Blackwood's head appears on his forearm.

"No." Softly said a voice, which echoed in that part of the forest.

The 4 specters fell silent and turned to the source of this protest.

Pisinoe who has not said anything since the flow of their interview.

"The boy is mine."

Jack is shaking all over and seeks help from the others who are avoiding his gaze.

"But ------ my sister ----- he___"

"He is mine."

Pisinoe looks at Jack with his bright red eyes.

Jack pulls back, he trembles in front of Pisinoe's gaze.

"You refuse?"

Jack doesn't say anything, he's too scared to say anything.

"So ... di_"

"Hold on!" Cut Nicolas. "No need to come to that."

He puts a hand on Jack's shoulder in order to comfort him, he leads him a little far from the others.

"Drop it."

"But he hurt me and I picked him first."

"Our sister doesn't care. And she was going to kill you. If you die of her words, you will disappear forever! Is that what you want after you're out?"

Jack is silent.

He brings a finger to his mouth, soaks it in the saliva, and rubs the tattoo off with light.

They come back to the circle.

Pisinoe mutters a phrase incomprehensible to human ears, and a sort of light tattoo with Daeren Blackwood's head appears on his forearm.

She strokes the image with her other hand.

"I would not like to be in the place of the human." Astaroth said softly to the others.

"I choose the one who cast ice spells on me." Jack said bitterly.

He mumbles a phrase incomprehensible to human ears, and a sort of light tattoo with Kiarah Han's head appears on his forearm.

Nicolas looks at them and walks to the middle of the circle.

"Now that we have our sacrifices, let's decide on some rules to follow. Any objections?"

Silence is his response and he takes that as approval.

"Good. We do not touch the sacrifices of others. Unless they throw themselves on their own towards the domain of one of us."

Silence once again. Nicolas continues.

Jack smiles slightly.

"No mutual aid and no hindrance between us."

Zoroaster was about to come forward in protest.

"Except for you 2, I know, you work together."

Zoroaster steps back and sits right next to Astaroth, satisfied.

"The rules are set. This is the last time we have gathered in this horrific form. Hoping to see each other again in our full glory."

One by one, they disappear into the shadows.