Chapter 9: WITCH AMBITION. Part 2: family book.

That morning, Daeren receives a letter and a small package.

He knows what it is, a letter from his mother asking him to account for the latest events.

He trembles as he holds the letter.

Out of the question to open a letter that will surely yell at him in front of all these people he thought, so he gets up and goes to the bathroom.

"Dear Michael,

I received a letter from your director. I must say that I am very perplexed, but I took the time to reflect and consult with friends before writing to you.

First of all, I'm glad to see that you care about girls, really, but sneaking into their dorm to spy on them is a crime and I don't want my son to become a criminal. That's why I contacted girls, some of your distant cousins, to take care of your libido when you come back during the Christmas holidays. I hope that when you know the charm of a mature woman, you will no longer be interested in the kids who serve as your classmate. And I take this opportunity to remind you of the importance of masturbation if it itches you too much, I have put you some magazines to help you. I am taking these steps to prevent you from falling into crime. Understand my heart as a mother who wants to protect and who wants the good of her child."

Daeren was embarrassed, he kicked the door of the toilet cubicle.

He continues to read.

"Second, I'm glad you won your duel, really, but I wonder why you got caught. Haven't I told you enough to never leave a trace if you have to fight anyone? I would have liked to know from you the events of this duel. You should have erased or modified the memory of the people who attended this duel, concealed your passage, made believe in a fight caused by the consumption of narcotics. But hey, the damage is done. This is why I am sending you part of your inheritance, a book that has been passed down in our family for generations, hone your talents and that I hear your adventures only from your mouth or else I swear to you that I will punish you as if you were not my son. To open the book, prove that you are a Blackwood by dropping a sample of your blood on the cover.

PS: if mom and dad were to separate, who would you like to live with?"

Daeren was confused by the PS of this letter which he considers more important than the first part.

He hastens to open the package first to find 3 adult magazines and a little book as black as charcoal.

He comes out of the toilet cubicle and is about to throw away the magazines.

...

...

...

He comes out of the bathroom with the book in his pocket and the magazines hidden under his shirt.

*******

After morning classes, Daeren hurries to the Slytherin common room.

Along the way, he sees Gilles de Roy watching him, he changes his route and heads for the Quidditch pitch.

He stays for a little while pretending to be interested in Ravenclaw training, nodding encouragement to Lily.

He is shot in the face which breaks his nose.

He takes this opportunity to go to the common room.

He takes his place and takes care of his nose while watching for the moment when the common room begins to empty little by little, when he sees that he is alone, he slips into the Chamber of Secrets.

He made some changes, on the heads of snakes, there were lanterns that make the room clearer. The lanterns alternate the color blue, red, green and a soft white.