Chapter 13: WITCH'S BALL Part 1: revelation

On Halloween day everyone is excited for the evening.

The party begins in the early evening with a school-wide treat hunt; then the scariest costume contest of the evening, followed by a talent contest; then a ring of fire ceremony at midnight and finally dancing until 2 am.

Around 3 p.m. after the major classes in the afternoon, the three boys, Matéo Dumas, Philippe Dubois and Laurent Saint Clair, are in the courtyard on a table distributing masks to the students for the evening.

The masks have various shapes: skulls, ghosts, werewolf, a green witch's head with a long nose, a pumpkin head.

Students are already in costume from the morning, especially the first and second years who have fun like crazy by making pranks, the masks make their costume more frightening.

They throw firecrackers at the feet of students not wearing costumes, they swallow potions that make them breathe fire, they act like children who on their birthday feel like the kings and queens of the party, wearing the mask to them. removes any notion of responsibility in relation to their behavior, thus feeling quite allowed to say vulgarities as well as to act with excess of violence.

The quieter person, after putting on a mask, felt possessed by a violent urge for verbal or physical brutality, and their targets are those who do not meddle in their delirium.

Rune, interested in the event, went to line up to get a mask; she is accompanied by Martin Longstorm, brown, tall, 5th year of Gryffindor, the two have been a discreet and happy couple for two years.

They decided to spend the evening together, Martin's motivation is to comfort his girlfriend who seemed to be depressed for some reason unknown to him and to have a good time with Rune.

The latter is concerned that a specter would attack them at one point or another.

An evening in the company of the boy she loves seems to be a good way to de-stress before the battle.

In the waiting line, they flirt, exchanging glances, holding hands, leaning on each other.

Then comes Rune's turn, she receives her mask from Mateo, their hands are touched.

It only lasted a moment, but Rune had a flash, a vision of a bleeding man, in pain, she's about to pass out when Martin catches up to her, asking if she was alright.

Of course, she was not well but she is not going to tell her boyfriend that she had a horrifying vision because of her talent that she does not tell anyone in order to have a quiet life.

She stares at Mateo and for a moment she saw the boy's eyes turn black.

Jack of course recognized the face of the person he fought the day he got out of the box. He recognized the girl whose fear of spiders in the woods he manifested.

He gets up and leaves his place leaving Philippe and Laurent to continue the distribution.

Rune gets up, still a little dizzy but reassuring Martin of his good health, she tells him that she needs to go to the bathroom and that she will find Martin later.

She discreetly follows Mateo.

Where he passes, people greet him, hold him back to speak with him, Rune stays at a reasonable distance, away from his gaze.

Mateo enters the corridors of the castle; few students travel there.

Rune decides to get to the bottom of what she saw when touching Mateo.

She calls him, Mateo stops and turns around.

Jack knows who Rune is, who she is with, he also knows that she doesn't know he owns Mateo's body, but he ignores Rune's medium ability.