Castair

Y/n POV

"You wouldn't lie to your mother, would you? Jungwon?"

Her voice was sweet like honey. It was a voice, which fooled you with its kindness but once you get honey onto your hands it's sticky. Her voice felt like a trap. So manipulative.

I slowly crawled to the edge of the balcony, trying to see what was happening on the first floor. I barely saw the lady, who stood there because of the bars of the balcony but I could make out her figure in front of Jungwon.

I was about to gasp as she harshly grabbed him by the chin. I quickly covered my mouth with my hand to not make a sound. I wanted to scream his name but she shouldn't find out that I was here.

She forced him to answer but Jungwon fought against her and I just prayed for her to stop.
And she suddenly did.

For a second, I was relieved until I heard what she said next.

"Bring her down."

I froze. The next second, Jake appeared next to me. He looked like he didn't want to do any of this. "I'm so sorry." He whispered.

Yes, I was scared. Who wouldn't have been. But I didn't want to show it. I didn't want to make Jake feel bad. So I just gave him a small smile, whispering : "it's alright. It's not your fault."

I stood up and looked down. Her eyes met mine and I stared at her. For some reason I didn't feel scared anymore but rather angry and...confident.
She looked at me with interested eyes.
Jake teleported us down to her.

Without hesitating I walked up to her and stood beside Jungwon.
He looked at me in fear.

She walked up to me and stood so close to me that I could feel her breath brushing my cheeks.

"What is your name."

That gaze again. Was she trying to hypnotize me as well?

"You don't need to try and force out an answer. It won't work."

She took a few steps back and I could see that she seemed unsettled.

"What are you?"

"Human."

She scoffed.
"Tell me, what is your name."

"Y/n Castair."
Shock. Her mimic showed shock.

"That...that can't be."

"It is." I smiled.

I suddenly remembered what my grandma told me years ago. I was only ten years old back then and it was just a story to me. But now it all made sense.

"How? The Castairs died. Not a single family member survived."

*Flashback*

"Grandma! Please tell me the story one more time." I begged.

"Alright, sweetheart. But one last time. Then you're gonna go to bed, okay?"

I nodded and excitedly sat down on my knees in front of her. She scooched forward on the sofa to have a better look at me.

"centuries ago, were living our ancestors, the Carstairs, who descended from the nobility.
They were loved by their people and always made sure to make everyone justice who was hurt by their enemies."

"Did they have many enemies, grandma?"
She smiled
"no, darling. But there was one family, who did despise them. The Castellans."