Thread of life

Her house looked just as ordinary as every other house in the neighborhood. Which made sense if she didn't want every human being around her to know she's a witch.
But in my head, witches had a small house in the middle of nowhere, looking a bit run down but still elegant in a way. With a dark aura surrounding it so that one would be intimidated by the presence of the house.

This was just a dark bluish house with white columns in front of the door, holding the roofing above the doorstep.
The only thing that made it obvious she was a witch were the amount of herbs in her garden. But only if you were aware of it. No one believes in witches anyways.

Feeling something ticklish at my legs I looked down to see a black cat.
It sat down in front of me and looked up to me with emeraldgreen eyes. I wanted to bend down and pet it when the cat suddenly got up and made its way towards the house. It stopped and looked at me once again as if it was waiting for me.
I slowly followed the cat and it slipped into the cat flap of the door.
I had no idea of what to do so I just stood there, looking at the blue ornamented door.

As usually in movies, the doors of a house owned by a witch opened by themselves. And so it did.
I cautiously entered the hallway and the door closed by itself again.

"Come on in, y/n. I've been waiting for you."
I entered the living room and was greeted by non other then the woman, who knew me even before I was born. The woman, who brought me back to life and protected me.
Claire Delvaux.

"You finally found me." She said and I mumbled a nervous
"Hello, Claire."

She smiled. "Have a seat. You don't have to be nervous. I'm sure you have a lot to ask me."
I took a seat just as she told me to and stared at her for a while.

Her raven black, silky hair framed her pale, yet beautiful face so perfectly and her emeraldgreen eyes sparkled vividly.
She was beyond beautiful.

"Don't you have a cat?" I suddenly asked as it came to my mind again.
"I don't." She answered.
"But there was a cat, who..." I paused and gasped as the realization hit me.
"It was you!"

Her lips curled into a smile. "I told you I've been waiting for you. You became such a beautiful girl."

"I- I'm nothing compared to you tho." I answered flustered and she chuckled.
"Don't be silly. I wish I had such eyes as yours."
"No one would want to have them." I bitterly replied. They all criticized me for my eyes. Bullied me. I was told I look like a robot.

"Do you even have emotions?"
They would say, because my eyes looked so lifeless.

"Your eyes are really interesting, y/n. Not many have grey eyes. People often describe them as cold and distant. A raging storm. Yet it still gives off warmth and calmness, people rarely see. They have impact and show strength but also a side, which shows how vulnerable a person can be."

She looked at me fondly.
"I never thought of it like that." I answered.

"Your eyes are powerful, y/n. And so are you. But be careful with who you trust. You're someone, who's pain is seen in their eyes."
I nodded thoughtfully. She knew me so well...

"Now, what do you want to know about?"

"Is it true?" I asked. A stupid question. Of course it was true what my grandma told me about. I didn't doubt it. But I wanted to hear her say it to me.

"You already know the answer. It is."

I gulped. I really died back then. The thought of it scared me and I got goosebumps every time I thought about it.
"You're not here to listen to the story twice am I right? You want to know something only I can give an answer to."
I nodded a yes.