Calm before the storm

It was a wakeful night.

Giving up on trying to get some sleep I got up from the sofa I slept on and made my way to the kitchen.

Most of the boys had their rooms upstairs, except for Jake and Sunghoon, who shared a room downstairs.

I tried to be as quiet as possible making my way to the sink, and cautiously turned on the tap to get some water.

I couldn't sleep well as I've dreamed about so many horrible things. Nightmares.

It didn't make sense at all and maybe I was just processing everything that has happened this past week by dreaming about it.

I sighed in exhaustion.
Things wouldn't get easier that was for sure.

"You're still awake?"
I flinched and the glass of water slipped out of my hand. If it weren't for his quick vampire reflexes, the glass would have crashed onto the ground.

"Heeseung, you scared me." I tried to calm down my heart as it was beating way too fast.

"Sorry." He whispered and put the glass back on the sink.

"Why are you awake?" I asked back and he just shrugged his shoulders.
"Can't sleep. What about you?"

"Nightmares."
"Wanna get some fresh air?" I nodded and followed him outside where we sat at the doorstep.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" He asked after some silence.
"Not really."
I stared at the night sky and searched for the moon which was hidden behind some clouds. This night wasn't as beautiful as the days before.

It was cloudy and dark, the stars couldn't be seen. It was as if the sky knew that something dangerous was coming as well.

"I just know that something is definitely wrong but I can't figure out what and it drives me crazy."

"Because of your grandma?"

"Yeah. Something doesn't sit right with me."

"Then why don't you go visit her?" I looked at Heeseung, thinking about his suggestion.
"I-I don't know." I answered. Clearly not wanting to talk about it any longer, he noticed and tried to change the subject.

"You and Jungwon seem pretty close."
I tensed up for some reason at the mention of me and Jungwon. Heeseung didn't seem to notice tho.

"Did you guys clear out your fight?"
"We did. But it was ridiculous, honestly. I don't know if you can count that as a "fight"."
He chuckled.

"You two really match well."
Thankful for the darkness of the night, my cheeks, which turned red the moment he said that, couldn't be seen.

"I-we. It's nothing like that. I mean..it could be. BUT IT ISNT. We're friends. And we...yeah. Friends."
Heeseung continued to chuckle as I stumbled upon my words.

"I'm happy that you're there for him. He needs you after all that has happened." His expression saddened.

"He's still so young, not counting his vampire years, but had to grow up so fast. Im proud of him but it hurts seeing him go through all this pain and carrying all this responsibility with him."

Heeseung stared at the ground while telling me all this and I could see how heavy it lasted on his shoulders. He felt sorry for Jungwon. I understood him. He was the oldest and felt like he should've carried this responsibility and take care of him. But he couldn't. Fate had something else planned for him.

"It's not your fault. I'm sure you helped him a lot and were there for him as well even if you think you could've done more and take the burden away from him. He for sure is thankful for you. Because of you he became such a great person. A person to be proud of."