Lies

"But how could you withstand her? And what protected you?"

"It looked like an imaginary wall or something."

"But isn't she human?"

They were all talking at the same time so that I didn't catch everything, not even given the chance to say something.

"Guys!" They looked at me, surprised.
"I don't know what all of this means either but I know someone, who does. Maybe she can give us some answers."

Their surprised expressions turned into confusion.

"And who is that someone?" Sunghoon asked.

"My grandma." I answered and started to walk to the door to get out of this house.

"Y/n! Hey! Where are you going?" Jay and Jungwon caught up to me, the others right behind them.

"My grandma, where else should I go to?"

"We're coming with you."
I stopped.
Turning around, I faced Jungwon.

"I'm not sure if that's a good idea." I hesitantly said but he didn't care.

"We're coming with you. No back talk! I won't let you go somewhere without anyone to protect you."

"I can protect myself pretty well as you've seen, Jungwon."

He put on his puppy dog eyes, which I couldn't resist.
I sighed in frustration.

"Fine. But I warned you all."

Nervous wasn't the right word. Panic might be.
Yeah. I panicked, standing in front of my grandmothers door.

I didn't see her for almost 7 years. Why?
My mom forbid me to go there after I turned eleven. I'm 18 now. The last time I saw her I was ten. The last time that she told me about our ancestors story.

I've never gotten an answer to why I wasn't allowed to visit her anymore. My mum just said they had an argument and decided to go separate ways.

Of course, I questioned everything she told me and tried several times to just sneak out and go to my grandma's house. But I couldn't. My mum always found out somehow. I ended up giving up but it was time for me to get some answers.

I took a deep breath and rang the doorbell.
After what felt like an eternity, my grandma opened the door.

She looked at me in surprise but that expression lasted for a second until it turned into a smile. "I've wondered when you'll finally come here again. I've waited for you."

"I- I'm sorry I couldn't come. Mum-"

"I know." She interrupted me.

"I know what she told you. It's a lie. We never fought, and I've never said that I didn't want to see you again. She just wanted to protect you. And I guess you're here for answers aren't you?"

I nodded.

She looked at the boys behind me.
"You got some interesting friends with you."
I didn't know what to say.

"Normally, I wouldn't invite vampires into my house."

With a shocked expression, we all stared at my grandma.
"How- how do you know?"
She just chuckled.

"The story I told you wasn't just a story, my dear. Deep down you already knew that. Now, come on in."

She paused and looked at the six boys. I softly took her hand "they're my friends."
I could feel how tense she was.

"Why should I let y'all into my house? My granddaughter might trust you, but I don't."

"You better let us in, old lady." Jay said, trying to sound threatening. He groaned in pain as Jungwon stepped onto his foot to shut him up.
He cleared his throat "What he meant was, we're here to protect her so you can trust us. We won't harm you."