Hatred

Jungwon's POV

I was about to answer y/n but I suddenly felt another presence in the room. I tensed up, already knowing who it was. Right then, a familiar voice filled the ballroom.

I stood up, pulling y/n with me and moved her behind my back. She was visibly confused but froze the moment she saw him as well.

Jake stepped forward into the light and eyed us both with an expression I couldn't figure out. He looked somehow different. Paler and more serious. But most of all cold and emotionless. What happened to him?

"I don't want to be saved." He took another step forward, only standing a few meters in front of us now. I tightened my grip around
y/n's hand not sure what Jake would plan on doing. He would never hurt us, would he?

"What do you want hyung?" I asked through gritted teeth.

"I thought I might pay a visit. Let you all know that you won't stand a chance against mother. It's almost time."

"Why are you doing this?" He wasn't answering me, his expression filled with hatred. As if he resented me. Y/n suddenly let go of my hand and stepped forward.

Y/n's POV

He stared at me patiently, waiting for me to say something.

"Jake, I know you have a reason for joining her but please let us understand why? You're a part of our family.."

"My mother is my family. She is the only one, who notices me. The only one, who appreciates me."

'He told me he wanted to be seen'

K's words echoed through my mind and it suddenly made sense with what Jake was saying.

"I don't know what she promised you but she tries to manipulate you, Jake. We love and care for you."

He hissed.
"You're the last person I want to hear that from. All this time I was there for you. I was kind to you and helped you get through the hardships. But you only had eyes for him." He pointed at Jungwon.

I was taken aback by his words. Was I more than a friend to him? Why have I never noticed his feelings towards me? I could've changed his mind. It was my fault...

"It's always the other boys but not me. If it's an important mission than there's Sunoo and Niki handling everything and being praised. Jungwon always playing the hero, the leader and Heeseung staying by his side being appreciated by everyone without doing the slightest bit. Even Jay is noticed by just being an idiot and causing trouble. But me...I'm just there. I even had to suggest going with them to find the cube. No mention of me, ever. No appreciation. I was being used."

A long pause followed and I tried to process what Jake was saying, trying to put myself in his shoes and how he was feeling..

He was right. He was always kind and there for everyone but left out when it became serious...but it wasn't our intention to do so..we still appreciated him. He just didn't notice through all the bitterness he was feeling.

"I'm sorry I didn't notice how you were feeling Jake. But it doesn't mean that I was never aware of what you were doing for me. All of us appreciate you for your effort and kindness and we know that in tough situations you will be there to have our back. And we will have yours.."

"Save it. It's too late. I knew I would waste my time." He was about to turn around and disappear into the dark but Jungwon grabbed his wrist to stop him.

"I won't let you go just like that. Where is the cube?" They stared at each other angrily.

"You can't stop her. Don't even try to."