Red skies

Y/n's POV

I woke up to the sun shining in my face. I had barely slept but somehow managed to fall asleep for at least three hours. It was pretty nerve wrecking and I was afraid to sleep in such a situation. Everything could come to an end in a second.

I was greeted by K and Jay in the living room, Niki and Sunghoon were talking in the kitchen. I figured that Sunoo, Heesung and Jungwon must still be upstairs.

I observed the four boys for a while and noticed K wanting to approach Niki but the youngest was avoiding him as best as he could.

He had been hurt the most with what K did to them back then and even now. He was more than just a friend to Niki, he was family. But he found a new one and K wasn't a part of it anymore since he betrayed them. He was the only one who couldn't forgive him.

I walked towards K and tapped his shoulder signaling him that I would try and talk to Niki. He mouthed a quick 'thank you' and watched me and Niki from afar.

As I approached the youngest he already knew what my intention was so he said:
"Don't even try to convince me it won't happen."

"Well, lucky for you I'm pretty good at convincing people." He frowned but didn't say anything.

"Look, Niki. I know it's hard for you. I really do. But he has done so much to make up for his mistakes and helped us get this far. Don't you think you could at least listen to what he wants to tell you? It doesn't mean that you have to forgive him. At least give him a chance."

I sighed when he was still not saying anything. His eyes fixated on the ground.
Okay, one last try, hopefully it will work.

"You know, there's something my mum always used to say." I started my sentence and he finally lifted his head and looked at me.

"Sometimes, If you want to move forward, you have to revisit the things in your past that have been holding you back. It's a new beginning and it will make you happier if you let go of that burden you've been caring with you. That hatred and hurt."

His expression saddened with my words and he unexpectedly hugged me tight. Sometimes, I forgot how young he still was. Even tho he was a vampire who lived for years he was still a child. I patted his back.

"Thank you, Noona." He let go of me and I smiled at him.

"It's better to talk things out before it's too late." He nodded at my words and made his way to K, who was visibly nervous as Niki approached him.

Watching Niki and K made me realize what I just said to him. Before it's too late...
And just when these thoughts crossed my mind I saw Jungwon, the person I was looking for, walking down the stairs. He looked serious and a bit pressured.

I met him at the staircase and lightly touched his hand.

"Hey, can we talk?" He looked at me and smiled.

"Of course." I took his hand and we both went outside of the house.

"Is everything alright?" He seemed worried and it made me rethink my decision of wanting to tell him my plan.

"Actually-"

"GUYS!" Jay interrupted us by slamming open the front door and pointing towards the sky.

I wasn't sure what made him panic that much but one look at the sky and I shared his panic.

"Jungwon what.." I was at a loss for words. The sky turned dark red, clouds hovering over us like shadows. It looked like the world was about to burn down.