Breathe

"This is so much fun!" A giggle escaped the lips of the six years old girl.
She had a huge smile plastered on her face as her mother spun her around in the hub that she was sitting in at the playground they were at.

I watched myself, being six years old, from afar. Why was I here? Why am I relieving this memory? It was a happy one. One I always liked to remember. It made me forget the worries of this world. Was I dead? Was this heaven?

"Y/n." I followed the voice and my eyes landed on a figure standing next to the tree of where my younger me was playing at. It was my dad.

"Y/n."

I was about to approach him but he stopped me.

"Your time hasn't come yet."

I suddenly heard several voices scream my name, so loud that I had to cover my ears. I crouched down in pain, the voices getting louder and a feeling of being pulled back made it's way through my body. It went dark.

Jungwon's POV

"Y/N WATCH OUT! Y/N!" It was already too late. Horrified, I watched the scene in front of me. Not thinking twice I used my vampire speed and in a blink of an eye I was by her side right when her legs gave up, catching her mid-air. Her eyes were closed and I panicked.

Her head was laying on my lap and she looked like she was sleeping if it weren't for the big blood red spot on her stomach. The bleeding didn't stop. She was going to die.

"Y/n...please wake up." She was still breathing but it became heavier every second and her body was trembling in pain. Then she suddenly opened her eyes and grabbed my arm tightly.

Y/n's POV

I searched for something familiar when I opened my eyes and they landed on Jungwon's figure as soon as I opened them. I smiled, despite the pain in my stomach. I was just happy to see him one last time. I had grabbed his arm out of reflex but I didn't let go.

"The cube." I mumbled. Every word made my body tense up in pain. My mouth felt dry and speaking felt like my tongue was made out of sandpaper. This weird taste of copper filled my mouth mixed with blood. It was painful but at the same time I felt numb.

Jungwon looked for the cube that fell out of my hands and then at Celeste. I followed his eyes and watched her approaching us. The cube was laying right before my eyes. She was smiling, crouching down and trying to grab it but someone else did before she could get it into her hands.

I looked at the person in disbelief.

"I knew I could count on you my dear Jake. Now be a good boy and give your mother the cube." He looked at me for a second and he seemed like he was in pain, seeing me like this.

I took a deep breath, even tho it hurt, to say my next words.

"You weren't in-invisible to me. I- I noticed you." It was the truth. And I felt like he needed to hear it. I wasn't sure if it would change something but I had to get it off my chest.

His lips were forming a smile.
"That's what I always wanted." He whispered loud enough for us to hear.

"You said they won't get hurt. That we will get our freedom. You lied. Just like you did back then." He was facing Celeste again, who panicked at his words.

"Jake, this had to be done. You know I would never do that on purpose. I will make things right. " Her voice was like honey, trying to get him into her trap. But he wouldn't believe her, would he? It wouldn't make sense. He wouldn't turn his back on us now. Not after what she did.