Who can we trust?

Y/n POV

"Y/n..."

"Y/n!"

I abruptly opened my eyes and got up, looking around for the voice, which called my name.

It was still dark outside and as I took a look at my digital clock it showed me that it was past midnight.

Shivers were sent down my spine and I got goosebumps of the sudden cold breeze entering my room.
Looking over to my window I realized it was halfway open.

I was pretty sure I closed it tho.
I stood up, making my way to the window. The white curtain was swaying elegantly with the wind. It looked quite ghostly.

I stared at the empty streets for a second, admiring the view. Then I closed the window, turning around to go back to sleep.

I let out a scream when I saw someone standing at my door.

"Don't be afraid."

My heart was beating so fast that it was about to burst. I took a closer look at the person and gasped.

"C-Claire?"

She just smiled at me.

"But I don't get it. You're dead how can I- how are you here?"

"I need to warn you, y/n."

"Warn me?"

"Betrayal is closer than you think. Be careful of who you can really trust. And follow your heart."

Her figure became a blur as she was about to disappear again.

"Claire wait! What do you mean by that? Who can I not trust?"

But she was long gone.

I suddenly woke up. Bathed in sweat I sat up from my bed. It was a dream...but it felt so real. I tried to go back to sleep but Claire's words were still lingering in my mind.

Betrayal. I had to figure out what she meant by that.

"Are you alright, honey?"

I flinched as I was pulled out of my thoughts.

"Y/n?"

I looked at my mum still adjusting to reality. She looked worried.

"I'm fine. Just a lot on my mind."

"I know you don't want to hear this but...don't you think you should go back to the boys?"

I dropped the spoon back into the bawl of cereal in surprise.

"What?"

"They need you, y/n. What happened is not your fault. And you know that."

I closed my eyes in frustration and anger. It was my fault! I did that to Jungwon.

"You must really like this boy." I heard her mumble.

I abruptly opened my eyes and stared at her in frustration.

I could hear her gasp and when I looked into the window behind her I could see my eyes being pitch black.
She was back. The alter ego.

"Don't ever talk about this pathetic boy again." My voice was just a whisper.
I couldn't do anything but just watch this alter ego while I was trapped somewhere deep inside my mind. I was screaming, begging for help.

"I don't need you all to babysit me. To make me look helpless and weak. You'll see what I'm capable of once I'm done with this world."

My mum's eyes widened and she took a step back, trying to sneakily grab a knife from the counter.