One last breath

(TW: blood)

"Claire?"

"Y/n. Hello."

I looked at her in surprise. So many questions were going through my mind.
Where did she go? Why did she suddenly appear out of nowhere and is everything okay?

"Are you alright? We wanted to visit you but you weren't home and we thought something happened."

"I'm really sorry, y/n. I tried."

"What do you mean you tried. What's going on, Claire."

She moved closer to the left to make room for someone. I gasped at the sight of her.
Celeste.

I heard the boys starting to whisper something to each other in fear.

"How rude to not invite us in. Is that how you treat your guests?" I looked at Celeste in despite. She just pushed us out of the way and my eyes followed her figure, making her way to the living room with Claire under her control.

"This is not good." Jay whispered and we all looked at each other helplessly.

"I'm waiting!" She shouted and we all hurried into the living room.

Celeste was eyeing the room with judgmental eyes and wiped a bit of dust with her finger from the shelf.
"Pathetic." She mumbled but we could hear her clearly.
I couldn't bear the silence anymore, which was lingering between us and Celeste so I spoke up.

"Why are you here?"

"Can't I visit my children?"

"We both know that you're not here to chitchat."

She just chuckled.

"You want to threaten me with Claire." I added.

"Oh how smart you are y/n. I indeed want something else. You."

I knew she couldn't harm me but I still stood there in fear of what was coming next.

"I've heard that Claire put that spell on you." She continued, tracing her fingers along Claire's neck. Her long, red nails slightly digging into her skin. I could see the fear in Claire's eyes. For some reason she wasn't able to use her magic.
"What happens, if I break that spell?"

Celeste looked me straight in the eye with an evil grin plastered all over her face.

I gulped.
I took a step towards her but she stopped me.

"One step closer and we will find out what will happen."

I froze in my movements, helplessly looking at Claire.
The boys haven't moved an inch since she came in here nor said anything.

"If you want me then let her go. I'm not playing that dirty game with you. You can have me."

Celeste began to laugh. A laugh you only heard from villains in Disney movies.
"How boring. But sadly, I need that little witch."

Suddenly, Claire let out a chuckle.
"You think it's for your own good if you kill me to break that spell, don't you?"
Celeste's expression changed with Claire's words.