pretty girl

GILLIANS POV:
I'm always the one who's early. Yes, I told her 7 but I'm here at 6:45, it's just how I work. I got us a table outside, away from all the family's inside. I still don't know how I had the balls to practically ask her out but here We are.

I check my phone for the hundredth time, "6:51" it reads. I look up and see a black gmc pull into the parking lot next to my car. I squint a little, and see the girl. She grabs her phone and wallet, then shuts the car door.
She's early I think to myself. She spots me outside, and walks up to me.

"Nice makeup" I chuckle. She looks confused then grabs her phone, looking at the mascara all smudged on one eye
"what the fuck" she rubs it off and sighs
"sorry that's embarrassing"
I giggle "no no, don't apologize."
"so did you ask me here to offer me a job as an extra?" She asks.

I look up
"because I don't want it." I try not to look totally taken aback (even though I am)
"why wouldn't you want it?" She looks away "I'm just... not the acting type"
I nod, "fair enough."
and look back down at my nude coloured nails.
"So then is that all?"

Pushy are we?
"No, I just wanted to ask a pretty girl out to dinner that's all" I see her try not to smile, but she likes that compliment. She tells me about her friend and how she's just trying to support her.
"That's really sweet" I say.
"Yeah, I guess I just want her to be happy with her job you know?"

"Yeah" I look away. Why are my cheeks lifting so much? We order some food, and talk about our lives. It's kind of weird just talking to a stranger about your acting, but for some reason I don't feel so awkward telling her.
"I don't know, I mean I have to kiss David for this show but it gets annoying sometimes"

She looks at me confused
"well it's weird because I only see him as a close friend, but it's also weird because he knows" I look around before blurting it out.
"he knows I'm gay." she raises one eyebrow but I can see her start to smile. It's the kind of smile I do before I go down on someone, and I like that.

"You are?" I nod
"heh same" now I'm raising an eyebrow and smirking, what the fuck is going on. We talk about our celebrity crushes, and how neither of us have come out yet. The waitor gives us our food, and we laugh and talk like old friends.

It's a fun night.

YOUR POV:
I drive home blushing. Man she's cool. And she's gay? Yes. I'm secretly hoping she's thinking of me too as I enter my house. I look back on some pictures we took jokingly, and I keep smiling. fuck.

I try not to think about everything that just happened, since it only makes me grin unfortunately. I head to bed, and try to get some rest.

*THE NEXT MORNING*

My eyes are forced open by my phone repeatedly going off
"Y/N"
"Y/N"
"CAN YOU DRIVE ME TO THE STUDIO TODAY?"
"I LOVE YOU HAHA"
"BUT FR CAN YOU?"

"What the fuck" I say, reading Kaydence's texts. "Sure." is all I say. After showering and changing, I'm prepared to leave my house, assuming this is at the same time as yesterday. Once she opens my car door she says
"ah thank you! If you want you can come watch me act today, or watch David whatever you want" I quickly smile thinking about watching David and ........ then it hits me.

I DIDNT GET HER FUCKING NAME AGAIN. I sigh and say "yeah, if I can I'll do both" Kaydence nods, and guides me back to the studio. Walking in, I scan the room but don't see my mystery woman. Kaydence and David make small talk then walk back up to me.

"Heyyy it's you! So Kaydence tells me you'll be another witness for today?" I nod "Great! You can come with Kaydence and I, she's going to do a scene in a few minutes" He walks us up the stairs and down a hallway. I'm fine with the silence, but after a minute or two he says
"so are you two dating?"

I reply almost immediately saying "no, we're just really close best friends."
Kaydence nods but stares at her shoes
"oh, sorry I thought you guys were a couple when I first met you" he laughs it off, and so does Kaydence.

Arriving in the room, she takes off her coat and waits for a que of some sort. The whole time my mind is fumbling. I try not to let my date consume my thoughts, I'm supposed to be watching Kaydence, but somehow I always end up back at the mystery women. I still haven't told her about the date, for some reason, I just can't. Kaydence must notice my obvious zoning out, and says "you good?" I nod and she continues her acting.

After what feels like forever, david says
"I have to go shoot a scene right now, so you two are welcome to stay here, or come watch us, whatever you want, but I have to go" he waves goodbye and closes the door. Kaydence looks at me "my scene is halfway done, I'll need the main filming room for the next one once David's done" I nod as she sits next to me.
"Do you wanna go watch them?"
Without even intending to, I practically jump out of my chair "sure!" She can clearly see my excitement and I can tell it confuses her.

Normally she might think "oh maybe she thinks david is cute and wants to watch him" but she knows I'm lesbian. I'm not sure what she thinks my excitement is from, but I force myself to contain it. Stay calm. She can't know.