beach date

* YOUR POV*
I quietly groan, my head is pounding. I look around to see she's not in here with me. I crack my neck, and hear footsteps.
"morning pretty girl."
I smile. "morning."
she hands me a cup of water, and sits down next to me.

I look at the clock next to her bed.
"wait it's 9:30 don't you have to go?" I say.
She shakes her head and smiles.
"I get the day off today."
"ahh" I nod and take another sip.
She offers me breakfast and I decline, going into her bathroom. Checking my phone and fixing my hair, I sigh.
"Maybe I should eat with her."
I debate in my head but decide it's best if I don't.

I walk out and see her still sitting on her bed "this might sound weird," she says standing up, and walking over to me.
"but would you be down to spend the day with me?"
I feel butterflies ready to swarm.
"yeah sure!" She does that smile.
That really hot smile.
"Great, sooo I guess I'll go get breakfast since you don't want any."

She turns around, but I tap her shoulder quickly.
"I changed my mind." She smiles with me and leads me to her kitchen. She makes a bagel with cream cheese and we split it, she also makes me a tea just how I like it.
After we're done she says
"if you want I have clothes upstairs." I nod and thank her as she shows me her closet.

I settle for a pair of dad shorts and sweatshirt while I see her put on a mesh crop top and jeans

She looks so good, and I can't help but stare. She turns around to see me drooling over her in that shirt and says
"I'm assuming you like this outfit."
I laugh and nod. She tells me about everything we could do, go shopping, drive  around, or even go to the beach. I run errands with her first, just a quick trip to Walmart and a few other places.

Once we're back she says
"okay, now what?" I bite my lip.
"wanna go to the beach?" She shrugs and nods.
"sure" I offer to drive, but she won't let me, telling me she owes me. I relax and look out the window. These butterflies are getting more and more intense. As we enter the highway I feel a hand on my thigh.

Her hand just gently rests there, it makes me nervous if I'm being honest. She makes sure I'm okay with it, and when I confirm I am she just smiles. We arrive on beach and see an ice cream truck.
"can we go?" I ask excitedly like a kid.
She chuckles. "yeah of course"

We walk (okay maybe run) to the ice cream truck.
"Hey can I get 2 scoops of cookies and cream in a cup?" Assuming we're paying separately I pull out my wallet.
"and I'll get a two scoop birthday cake in a cone." she says. I look at her confused.
"That'll be 8.25" she hands him her card.
"Wait I would've payed for my own!"
she rolls her eyes, "treat yourself!"

He hands us our ice cream cones and we walk off.
"but now I feel bad, I wouldn't have gotten 2 scoops." She just giggles.
"you worry too much, it's on me just have fun babe!"
Babe? Hm. Second time she's called me that, I kind of like it though.

The name makes me blush as we stop at a bench to eat. After about 20 minutes we finish our ice cream and walk around some more. We take off our shoes and laugh, The sand feels so nice on bare feet. I look at the ocean and reach for her hand. Partly on accident, partly because I wanted to, I tap her hand. She gets the memo and holds mine.

God I love this so much. After many hours on the beach our feet get sore and we decide to get some dinner. Well it actually went more like "no let me take you out for dinner!"
"No this is your day I don't want you to pay!" "Bitch you just bought me ice cream let me buy you dinner!"
"No!"

I forced her to let me pay, and drive us to this fancy restaurant, burgers and pasta and stuff. We get a table and order some food.
"This place isn't even that busy!"
We make some small talk but then eventually start talking about everything. Kaydence, David, acting, being closeted, everything.

It feels so natural with her. I don't know what it is, but she makes me feel safe. I just love her company. After we eat our meal with lots of flirting and laughs, she drives me home. I don't want to leave this car, I wish this day could go on forever. As she pulls into my driveway, I sigh.
"I guess we're here." she says.
"Yeah."
she can see I'm stalling, not wanting to go. "
"I had fun with you today."

I smile.
"I had fun with you too."
I realize I'm going to have to leave sooner or later, so I start to open the car door. As I do she says,
"wait."
I obey and close the door, turning back to her. "yeah?" Is it just me, or can you hear the butterflies in my stomach? She looks at my lips, then back into my eyes.
"I'll see you soon" she whispers. I nod and walk out of her car. I thought she was gonna kiss me. Damn. Opening my door I hear her drive away. Missed opportunity.