weird

*GILLIANS POV*
My eyes slowly adjust to the dark room. Her head is still on my chest, and she's cradled next to me. It makes me smile. Wait. What the fuck? Never mind, I look down at my phone, the bright light blinding me as usual.
Its 6:30? I think. Then my eyes look under the time, to see the date.
It's Wednesday? I keep staring at the date
it can't be Wednesday... then piecing together the week I realize it is Wednesday. Fuck.

She moves her head, then rubs her eyes.
"Oh yeah, I'm here" I let out one giggle.
"Did you think you were sleeping with a lifeless corpse or something?" She laughs,
"no I just forgot we were in here"
I smile, which quickly fades since I'm pissed.
She notices and asks "is something wrong?"
I sigh, then try my best to explain.

"Today's Wednesday." She looks confused, as expected.
"basically today we're supposed to go to field to film outside, which means no one will be here until tomorrow, maybe even Thursday. The only person with a key is my director, so we're going to have to wait it out, and hope he comes."
She nods looking at our make shift bed.
"I think at some point david will realize I'm not there, and hopefully he'll send the director here."

I notice her staring without realizing it. She's focused on my messy hair, so I do what I do best, and stare at her lips.
Man she's got gorgeous lips. I think she finally realizes that I'm staring at her because she says "you wanna kiss me or something?"
Normally I'd feel flustered, but honestly, some confidence swings over me.
"I wouldn't mind." I say, looking up at her eyes. Now she's the one flustered. I can't help but smirk a little while she's blushing.

After about an hour or so the lights finally come on. We excitedly cheer, then she asks me if I could show her around the building while it's empty. I can see right through her, and know that she just wants some time with me that's not in this room, but I don't blame her. I want time with her too. I agree and we laugh, and talk while going through every little place I know of. Eventually we make it back to where we started, and I hear my phone ringing.

I quickly run up to it, and see it's David.
"finally you picked up!"
I laugh "sorry I was running around"
he sighs, "where are you? You were supposed to be here half an hour ago."
"david we got stuck inside the building last night."
I hear talking in the background.
"what? Who?"
I sigh "you knowww" he gets the memo and laughs.
"ohhh you and 'extra' girl."
I see her smile then look away.
"yeah yeah, but we're still kinda stuck here sooo"
I hear someone else grab the phone.
"hello?"
Oh shit.
"Jeff! Hi! So if you haven't heard we're stuck in the building, and we could really use the key right now please don't fire me."
I hear a laugh from the other end.
"ok ok I'm coming don't worry!"

"Ok thanks!" I hang up, and she walks back over to me.
"is he the director?"
I nod "ah"
We spend the next few minutes just talking about random shit, pretending the night didn't happen. After about 30 minutes Jeff arrives to pick me up. As soon as we hear the sound of the lock fumbling we bolt downstairs.

He opens the door, David behind him, and says "oh thank goodness your okay!" She walks awkwardly behind me, not knowing what to say. David hugs me, saying some dirty joke like he always does, but what really catches my eye is Kaydence.

She stands behind everyone, far from the crowd, with her arms crossed. She slightly glares at me, then looks back at the pretty girl who's name I've still yet to receive. As we start walking out of the building to the cars, Kaydence goes before anyone else, hopping in David's truck. She doesn't say a word.

Weird behaviour, but I shouldn't really care. Pretty girl heads off for her car, and as I'm about to get in mine, I go up to her.
"hey are you good?" I whisper.
"yeah why?"
I make sure to keep my gaze on her.
"just wondering." she looks at me confused.

"Never mind."
I quickly glance at Kaydence sitting in David's truck.
"just wanted to say thanks for spending the night with me" why did I say that. Fuck.
"Oh ha yeah no problem, I wouldn't mind doing it again" oh well, I guess it made her blush, so that's an A+

I walk off to my car, as she pulls out of the driveway.
"I guess I can ask about Kaydence another time" I mumble.