Did i just lose my best friend?

*GILLIANS POV*
The loud annoying sound of my ringtone startles me. I rub my eyes and grab my phone. "What the fuck."
I mumble as I stand up and walk out of the room so she can stay asleep.
"Yes David?" I say annoyed.
"Sorry to call this early but Kaydence just told me she quits and she doesn't want to do the job anymore."
I try to sound remorseful at a mere 5 in the morning.
"oh."
But that doesn't seem to work.
"Tell her we won't miss her."

He sighs.
"Gil, we still need an extra."
I look back seeing her messy hair scattered around the pillow.
"Give me a sec."
Hanging up while walking over to her, I decide I'm not going to wake her, I'll let her sleep. Once she does awaken (not too long after) I say "can I ask you a favour?"

She nods.
"Would you um.." she's already said no to Kaydence before, hopefully this works.
"would you fill in for Kaydence on this last episode?"
She sighs.
"Kaydence just told David she quits and all we need is one extra to be on a bench when David and I pass by!"

She looks at the covers, then back at me.
"What do I get for it?"
I think for a second.
"what do you want?"
she smiles.
"if I do this..." she says, then pauses.
"You have to take me on another date."
I smile.
"Deal, I'll do that any day."
She gets up and kisses me quickly before changing.

After a few hours David and Jeff show up. "THEIR HERE!"
We scream while running down the stairs. As soon as the door opens David comes up to hug me like always, and we get in Jeff's car.

*YOUR POV*
While sitting next to Gillian in the car, Jeff asks "so your the extra today?"
I nod,
"I guess so" I say while chuckling.
"Don't worry, we just need you for one shot then your free to go."
I smile but deep down I know I want to stay longer to watch her. We arrive at a different building and head upstairs. I sit and look at the shots the camera crew are getting.

Jeff has lead me to a room with a tv connected to the camera, so I can everything that's happening. It makes more sense when 2 characters are acting out a story rather than 1 reciting her lines for hours. One shot shows a close up of Gillian looking around for David and out loud I say
"man she's pretty."

Thank god I'm alone in this room, it's so fun just watching everything. There's snacks in here too which is always a plus. After about an hour I realize David and Gillians characters are supposed to be in love. The way it's written, and the amount of cuts telling them to act more connected. It's pretty obvious. Their not kissing or anything, but It seems I'm getting a little jealous. We haven't even established what we are yet, and I'm already getting worked up over a coworker. Fuck I like her a lot.

After yet another hour she comes and finds me in the room by myself.
"Hey we're just on our lunch break right now, want to have a sandwich with me?"
I nod as she helps me up. Our hands are intertwined for a second as she kisses my cheek, then we walk out the door as if nothing happened.

I share a BLT with her and eat some chips, while cast and I watch David make stupid faces along with Gillian. I join in and eventually we're all laughing. Once Jeff signals for everyone to get back at it, I walk to the dark room.
"I promise this won't be long." she whispers.
I smile and whisper back.
"Don't worry I like seeing you on that big screen."
She smiles and walks out with the rest of the crew.

After some long hours, and a tiring day of just sitting Jeff asks me to join them. I walk down the stairs and out the door, seeing everyone crowded around this park.
"Oh good She's here." Jeff walks up to me.
"We just need you to sit on this bench and read a newspaper."
I nod and take the prop from his hand.

I've never been on camera, but at least I have no lines. The record the clip about 4 times making sure the dialogue and angle is right. On the last try Gillian sits next to me.
"I'm so tired." She groans.
"Yeah same."
She looks at me then back at the camera crew. There all gathered around eachother, no one really paying attention. She takes the opportunity and leans in for a quick kiss. Okay maybe not too quick, but quick enough so no one sees.

I make sure we don't get caught as she puts her hand around my hips. I see David turn his head and pull away. She removes her hands and watches as someone from the camera crew tells her to finish this scene. She stands up and looks behind the bench we're sitting on.
"Oh shit."

"What now?"
I say looking behind me, and there she is. Fucking Kaydence.
"I have to film this, so maybe fight over there if you can."
I smile at the joke then walk over to her.
"Go."
I say leading her behind the big building
"Why are you so angry?"
I just stare at her shocked.
"Angry? Why do you think I'm angry?"
She rolls her eyes.
"Look maybe I didn't tell you I liked you in the best way possible but still! Why are you out with this chick?"

I stare at her brown eyes.
"Because she's nice and respects me."
I say, raising an eyebrow
"And she's not just 'some chick.'"
"You can clearly tell I'm upset and you still choose her over me!"
I can already see the tears coming.
"woah woah woah, I was the one sitting in a room for hours watching you act. I was there for you. She asked me on a date, we got to know each other. I never knew you liked me, I thought you liked David if anything and now your putting all the blame on me?"

A tear rolls down her face as I sigh.
"just let it go Kaydence."
I try to say in the calmest way possible.
She starts crying and walks off. I groan annoyed and kick the wall, hurting my toe. I decide to go back upstairs because they don't need me for this scene anymore, and watch. I sit in the theatre room, heart heavy.

Something just set me off today. While watching David scuffle around a room, tears plummet down my cheeks. I hold my head with my hands as my vision becomes icier.
Did I just lose my best friend?