so worried

*GILLIANS POV*
I barely get any sleep, so I'm already awake at 5:30. I cant stop thinking about her. I decide to get out of bed and just start getting ready. Whilst brushing my teeth I wonder if I should text her "what if she isn't coming today because of last night?" I say with a mouth full of spit and toothpaste. I grab my phone and quickly type "hey, I was wondering if we could talk at the studio today?"

I look up and see it sends at 5:49. She probably won't see it until 8 I'm guessing. My morning feels 5 years long. I wander around my house until it's finally time to leave. My stomach is turning a bit knowing she hasn't texted back yet. "Oh well" I say "hopefully she shows"

*YOUR POV*
My eyes peel open to reveal bright sunlight. Shit. What time is it? I grab my phone and see a text from... Gillian? I look at it confused. Did she think I wouldn't show up at the studio today? Is she wanting to break things off? The way she worded that, it sounds like it. I glance up "fuck" I mumble, practically racing out of bed. It's 8:45.

Work for Gillian starts at 8. I quickly pull the ponytail out of my hair while brushing my teeth. I keep my oversized pj shirt on, and throw on some biker shorts. I grab a few grapes and run to my car, hitting the gas. I worry the whole way there, and definitely pass some red lights. As I pull up, I see her car. I take a breath before opening the steel door.

I'm met with Gillian, sitting alone. Back faced to the door, just playing with her nails on the concrete floor. I walk up and tap her shoulder "hey" I say with a smile "oh hi!" She stands up "sorry I didn't think you were coming" she has mascara smudged under eye "I'm really sorry, I slept in and rushed over here" she giggles "nah it's okay" she looks away and takes a breath "sooo you wanted to talk to me..?" She nods "yeah yeah, uh" she avoids eye contact with me. It kinda hurts.

"I just wanted to uh" her voice is breaking. Why? It gives me a lump in my throat "I don't know how to say this" is she really about to end something that hasn't started? "I wanted to ask you to be my girlfriend"

Wait.

"What?" She nods, showing me eyes of a scared puppy "yes, but it's okay if you say no! I was just wondering I don't want to force anything on you if your not ready or comfortable" my shoulders finally leave my ears, as a smile plasters on my face. I just blush and nearly yell "come here" hugging her. She wraps her hands around my waist, mine around her shoulders and neck.

"All this because you wanted me to be your girlfriend?" She chuckles "sorry, I didn't realize what I sounded like last night" I laugh with her "I was going to ask you then but I got nervous" I pull her in again, but once I back away I kiss her. In the middle of what's supposed to be a romantic moment, I hear footsteps coming down the stairs. We both pull away immediately as David and other members of the crew come down the stairs "hey it's extra girl again!" We both giggle "stop David" he laughs "so did you ask the big question" she nods and he claps "see gil, im always right"

She rolls her eyes as he walks over to Jeff. We share a smile before she leaves to go film again. I promise her we'll talk after her day, so I decide to go home. Many hours pass before I finally decide to text Gillian. It's now 8pm and I was hoping she would be done filming around an hour ago, but she isn't. I quickly send "hey, are you guys almost done filming :)"

I lay in my bed waiting for my screen to light up. After a few minutes with no response I decide to just go watch tv and not worry about it. She'll text me when she does, I'm sure it's fine. I grab some food and turn on my tv waiting for a message to pop up. Around 3 hours go by with no reply. I can feel my eyes getting tired. I yawn before closing them. Letting myself fall asleep.

*GILLIANS POV*
I'm patiently waiting for this day to end, I want to go see her. It's 6:38 pm and we're trying to wrap up the last scene. "Mulder come to your senses, stop waiting on this man for an answer" I say softly, looking up. After a few seconds I say "get some sleep" and exit the room. Applause breaks and I go to hug David. Whilst finishing the goodnight conversations I see something black whizz by Jeff's face as a gunshot erupts. All in shock, We quickly duck. hiding under tables, behind the sofa, and the desk.

The camera man races to shut off the lights and ducks himself. David hears my breathing increasing and reaches out a hand. I hold it tight, almost squeezing off his circulation. We sit still for a few minutes waiting for something to happen. But nothing does. I look over at him and he whispers, just loud enough so we all hear it "let's stay here a bit longer, one of you call 911" one of the sound men grabs his phone out since he's the most hidden of us all and dials the police. We sit anxiously for a second, hoping this person isn't in here.

Another 2 minutes pass and I can feel myself loosening up. But then glass shatters. Another gunshot. Straight above the sofa David and I are behind. I feel myself totally freeze, eyes wide open waiting for what's to come. David squeezes my hand, letting me know it's okay. We all sit there quietly not making a sound as the light sound of the 911 operator says "almost there stay quiet"

I take a deep breath and close my eyes praying nothing will happen tonight. Then all of sudden a loud bang startles us again. Another gunshot. But this time it sounds like it's coming from the building, as if someone fired at the ceiling above them. In this moment I'm so thankful these floors are concrete.