just kiss me

*GILLIANS POV*
I wish this day could be over already, I'm so sick of pretending I'm into David and looking around for useless clues. Part of me wishes she stayed outside to watch but I can understand how boring this shit gets.

Kaydence has left, or at least out of eyeshot for me. The next scenes feel like hours and once they're done, I worry my legs might just fall off as I head up the stairs to get her. As soon as I get her we can all go home. Yes.

I finally reach the top step and open the door "hey y/n we can fi-"
I stop as I see the poor girl curled up in a ball, shaking. Tears are just pouring out of her eyes as she tries to cover them with her sleeve.
I close the door and walk up to her. Without saying a word I pull her in for a hug.
"y/n we have to go, Jeff is waiting for us in his car."
I say gently. She sighs and nods. Her eyes stay glued to the ground, hoodie over head.

Once in the car David says
"long day eh?"
She doesn't look at anyone, just giggles.
"yeah I could fall asleep right now."
Jeff chuckles.
"yeah that's the joy of filming!"
I hold her hand the whole way while one by one we get dropped off. David first, then her. "This is your house right?" Jeff asks.
"Yup thanks for the ride!"
She quickly leaves and walks up to her door.

"I think I might get off here, my house is just a few minutes away and I could use the walk."
He nods.
"Sure of course."
I thank him and leave. As he drives away I walk up to her.
"what happened y/n?"
She sniffs and let's me inside.

Settling on the couch she says,
"I'm sorry." As a waterfall of tears escape her eyes again. I pull her in close.
"No no no don't be sorry, it's not your fault."
I hold her for a few minutes, waiting for her to be ready to tell me.

"Kaydence was not happy with me."
She tells me the whole story, and normally I would be ready to go punch her but right now... I just want to stay here. Something in me tells me she was truly hoping for a love story with
y/n but didn't get it.

I just hug her. Her hair running across my lap, and tears occasionally hitting my thigh. Eventually she stops shaking, and sits up.
"Can you just kiss me?" She asks.
"Of course." I smile, pulling her in.