experimental work

vote and comment pleaseeee!!!

i get 1000 views of chapter and 40 votes. why y'all reading this far if you don't like the story enough to vote???🤔🤔

*

"Did you cut your hair?"

I glanced up from where I was leaning over my bed, as I pulled up my ankle socks. Bella was glancing at me with slightly furrowed eyebrows, lips pursed and head cocked to the side slightly.

I smiled lightly as I slipped on my school shoe. "Just the bits at the front."

"Hmm." Bella implored, leaning forward and tousling the hair in between her fingers. Her long french tip nail narrowly missed my eyes. "I actually like it."

"Thanks." I muttered with a half laugh as I stood up from the bed and made my way over to the mirror, double checking my appearance before I left the dorm for the first day of classes.

"Do you ever get bored of checking yourself out?" A droll voice commented, and I rolled my eyes lightly, turning me head to see Kate glancing at me dully.

"No." I replied simply, flashing her a smile.

"An arrogant and self absorbed response, but I'd expect nothing less." she scoffed.

"Mm, true." I responded boredly, grabbing my school bag and swinging it over my shoulder, turning back around to face her. "So, who're you going to hang out with now that Bostyn's dropped out to pursue her quidditch fantasy?"

"Myself." Kate replied with a frown.

"Damn." I groaned sarcastically, patting her shoulder as I passed her. "Thought we could finally become gal pals, Harris."

"You're not funny."

I snorted a laugh as I swung the door open, not sending her another glance as I walked out into the corridors.

As I descended the dormitory stairs, my eyes caught sight of a flash of golden blonde hair and I quirked my pace.

"Stor—" I called out, as I caught up with her. Her head turned to mine and her face morphed into a hesitant smile.

"Hey..."

"Hey." I breathed, blinking slightly as she looked down, away and then kept walking. I gulped lightly. I hadn't spoken to Astoria properly since before her and my brothers issues had risen. My impulsiveness had failed to remember this before greeting her.

"How was your summer?" Astoria questioned as we made our way out of the common room into the hustling corridors.

"It was...." I began, wavering slightly as I blinked a few times. "Interesting...How was yours....?"

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

"I mean, it was great before I got broken up with..." Astoria commented, her voice deflated as her eyes roved back to mine, sparkling with desperation. "Why did he do it?"

Guilt instantly flooded my gut, but I think I managed to conceal it from pooling in my eyes as I quickly looked away, biting the inside of my lip. "I...couldn't tell you, Stor."