all because of a memory

Jaycee's POV

"What's got you in such a good mood?" Dylan asked me as we boarded the Hogwarts Express once again.

"Nothing." I responded cheerily, skipping along the train corridor.

"Are you sure?" My brother asked, glancing at me with an expression mixed with amusement and confusion. "Because you're acting like a toddler on a sugar rush."

"I don't know what you're talking about." I responded evenly.

It was New Years Day, the day we would be travelling back to Hogwarts to begin the second semester of the school year, meaning it was the end of the Christmas Holidays. And that meant one thing; my dumb deal with Malfoy was off...I didn't have to be nice to him anymore. Plus I would get to see my Gryffindor friends after a week of not seeing them. Hence why I was in such a bright mood.

"Good morning." I greeted my friends cheerfully as I opened the door of the compartment and beamed down at Astoria, Bella and Jordan.

They all gave me quizzical glances and Dylan just shook his head at them. "She's been like this all morning. I don't know what's up." He explained, sitting down next to Astoria.

"Am I not allowed to be in a good mood or something?" I asked to no one in particular, taking my own seat between Bella and Jordan.

"No...it's not that." Astoria began. "It's just, why are you happy? We're going back to school." She finished.

I laughed "Well, believe it or not I actually happen to like school."

Jordan scrunched his nose at me. "You're a weirdo." He said nonchalantly and I just shrugged. "Says the guy who got drunk on butterbeer and started doing the worm in front of everybody." I countered.

Jordan's face fell. "Let's not talk about that, I am permanently scarred."

I snorted. "That party was a bad idea from the get go."

Bella scoffed. "I, for one, enjoyed the party."

I rolled my eyes but Dylan spoke before I could. "Yeah, because you were making out with Warrington the whole time." He teased.

Bella flipped her long hair back. "That is only among over reasons that I enjoyed it."

Jordan began making kissy faces and sounds to piss Bella off. It worked.

"Shut up!" She yelled at Jordan heatedly.

Jordan laughed. "Wow. You are hilarious when you're mad."

Bella hissed and two of them began fighting, senselessly.

I couldn't listen to my friends unnecessary arguing any longer, so to waste time I decided that I'd change into my robes. On the way out of the bathroom I ran into someone that I didn't necessarily want to see, but I wasn't exactly disappointed either.

His expression morphed into one of pure joy. "Hello, you family-shaming, blood-traitourous dissapointment to the wizarding world."

Even at Malfoy's cruel words, I grinned from ear to ear. "Good morning you disgusting, prejudice asshole." I responded cheerily.

"Gosh, it's so nice to hear you say that." Malfoy said in a jaunty tone.

I smirked. "For the first and last time in my entire existence, I actually agree with you."

Blaise suddenly came running down the corridor, almost crashing into Malfoy. "There you are Draco. Oh man...you'll never guess what Theo just said to Loony Lovegood—"

He only registered that I was standing there as well, and his face morphed into confusion. "What are you two doing here together, sneaking around huh?"