the leaky cauldron

Jaycee's POV

"Fred!" I laughed, hugging the tall redhead back.

"Missed you Jay." He said with a grin, his voice muffled against my hair.

I laughed and looked up into his warm, brown eyes before somebody coughed awkwardly. I looked to my left to see that Bella was still standing with slightly raised eyebrows in my direction.

Of course she always had to have the centre of attention.

"Er—Bella this is Fred, Fred this is Bella." I remarked awkwardly, switching my head to look at both of them.

Fred surveyed Bella. Then after a few moments of silence, he spoke. "You're the one who had a temper tantrum when George accidentally trod on your new shoes at the end of last year."

I bit my lip, attempting not to laugh. Fred sent me a quick wink as Bella tried to formulate a response. "It wasn't a tantrum—I was merrily expressing my concerns to you." Bella said snobbishly, her head held high.

Fred shrugged, not bothering to argue back. "Sure."

Then he turned his attention back to me, his grin returning. "Fancy coming on a walk with me Jay—I have a question to ask you."

My stomach lurched as it felt like a pile of butterflies was swarming around. I wanted to say yes but I remembered I'd agreed to stay with Bella for a few hours and I couldn't just leave her...

I turned to my brunette friend. "Er—"

Bella gave me a knowing look. "It's fine, I need to get back home now anyway. See you Jaycee." She said, wiggling her eyebrows at me in understanding.

Hopefully Fred hadn't noticed that I'd turned bright red.

"How was Egypt?" I asked curiously, once Fred and I were back strollling on the streets of Diagon Alley.

Fred grinned at me. "It was awesome! George and I played one of our best pranks of all time."

I raised my eyebrows. "Of all time?! Wow it must really be amazing then, knowing your record."

Fred snorted. "We brought a mummy to life to scare Perfect Percy—it was hilarious, I swear he almost pooped his pants in fright."

I doubled over in laughter, imagining Percy hopping around while a mummy chased him. "Brilliant." I said ecstatically.

"Don't flatter me Jay." Fred mocked and I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Where's George?" I asked.

Fred shrugged. "He went to get his book with Lee—I saw you with that Bletchley girl and figured I'd come and save you."

I laughed and shook my head ignoring the blush that formed on my cheeks. "She's honestly not even that bad."

Fred shook his head. "Coming from a Slytherin." He mocked playfully.

I gasped in fake offense. "You're so rude—seriously, where's Ginny? I want to see the better Weasley?"

Fred laughed. "The whole family is staying in The Leaky Cauldron for a while. That's actually what I wanted to tak to you about."

I raised my eyebrows.

"I was thinking you could come over for dinner with us on Tuesday night. Hermione and Harry will be there too so you won't be the odd one out and you can meet the rest of my family." Fred explained with a smile and I couldn't help but grin. "Er—I'm use Ginny wild really like that." He added hastily, and I raised my eyebrows suspiciously.