skeletons in the closet

Jaycee's POV

Narcissa hurried the three of us away from the darkened campsite towards the forest. It was extremely dark further away from the other tents and the only source of light was that of the stars in the sky and the four of our lit wands. The oldest Malfoy didn't answer any of our ongoing questions, complaints or inquiries as we trekked through the dim area, only speaking to beckon us to hurry up. We'd walked for what seemed like a good hour until we finally reached a clearing on top of a hill. It overlooked the entire campsite, and we could clearly see the hundreds of tents scattered around, proving how far we had trekked.

Narcissa kept looking down at her golden watch, and the back down onto the campsite, frantically, as if waiting for something to occur...

And then it did. I gasped.

Suddenly—there was loud screaming. Horrifying sounds of panic emitted from below. It was hard to tell, but from what I could observe, hundreds of dark and figures hooded figures had begun marching through the campsite. Within a few seconds, destruction was occurring. Flames lit up tents, cries of turmoil encompassed the air, havoc broke loose as people ran out of their tents, attempting to escape the terror.

"What the hell is going on?" Dylan implored in panic, while I stared down at the campsite, overridden by shock. "Who are those hooded figures?"

Narcissa pursed her lips, an expression of discomfort on her face. "They're Death Eaters."

You Know Who's followers.

I blanched, and so did Dylan, unsure of what to do or say.

Draco looked at his mother with almost a knowing expression on his face. "Is father...?" he began, trailing off.

Narcissa merely nodded, placing a hand on her sons shoulder.

My mouth fell open as I connected the dots and read the Malfoy's expressions. I knew for a fact that Lucius Malfoy had been a Death Eater. And if they were back now, and the Death Eater were here, that meant that he still was one to this very day. Down on the campsite causing mayhem...

And if Lucius was down there...And my father was down at the campsite too...and we had been staying with the Malfoy's...So my father had surely known where Lucius was going...so did that mean...?

The conversation I had heard between Lucius and my father, suddenly replayed in my head; the two of them had been planning something.

My heart dropped to my stomach.

"My fathers down there, isn't he..." I implored to Narcissa. It was more of a statement, than a question though. The undeniable truth had already been made clear. "...he's apart of this."

Narcissa didn't speak, but the twisted expression on her face spoke a thousand words.

Dylan, seemed to have come to realisation at that moments because outrage succumbed his face. "Are you serious?" he implored in disgust.

Narcissa avoided eye contact with the two of us and Draco stared at me with an unreadable expression.

A loud explosion and a further eruption of terrorised screams elicited from the campsite. I winced, while Dylan began panicking. "I have to make sure Astoria is okay," Dylan implies suddenly.

Before Narcissa could oblige, he had already broken off into a run, speeding down the hill.

"Dylan—wait!" I yelled in a worry, about to follow my twin.

Before I was able to, Narcissa grabbed onto my arm.

"No." she beckoned to me sternly, a stern expression on her face. "...I will go after him," she continued, with a slightly annoyed expression on her face.