study dates

Astoria, Bella and Jaycee :)

Jaycee's POV

"Hilliker, catch the bloody quaffle!" Flint yelled at me for what seemed like the thousandth time.

I snapped out of my tired daze and watched as the quaffle whizzed by the side of my face, missing me by inches.

I let out a tired groan, facepalming myself and clinging my other hand onto my firebolt. If I didn't have at least one hand supporting me, I knew I'd probably fall off in a split second.

"I'm sorry, Flint." I called to our captain. That wasn't good enough for him, of course. "You're sorry? This is the twentieth time you've missed." The captain barked at me from across the pitch.

It was the day after Valentine's Day, and because I'd gotten absolutely no sleep at all the previous night, I was completely unable to function. We'd been training for over two hours and I'd only managed to shoot two goals. It was honestly pathetic and embarrassing for me and the whole team. Malfoy seemed to be having the same problems as I was. He hadn't even spotted the snitch once our entire training session. But I suppose that was probably just because of his lack of skill...

After what seemed like a hell of an eternity, Flint finally called the practice off. "Guys, that was horrendous." Flint said, looking specifically between Malfoy and I. He was yawning, while I was ferociously rubbing my eyes, trying to stay awake. "What the hell is up with you two? Did you not get any sleep last night?"

Malfoy sent me a patronising smirk and I rolled my eyes. "We'll be better next practice, Flint. I promise."

Flint gave everyone warning looks. "You better be. We have to win our next match."

Everyone grumbled incoherently, before we all trudged out of the pitch. "Good game, Jaycee." Blaise said, running up to give me a high five.

I didn't respond and rejected his handshake, flipping my hair over my shoulder very immaturely.

"Or not..." Blaise wavered.

"Ooh, looks like we're both on Hilliker's list of people that she hates now." Malfoy joked, swaggering besides Blaise.

I gave them both an annoyed glare before quickening my pace to catch up with Bostyn. I pretended to be interested in her story about shopping.

It was immature of me to be angry with Blaise Zabini, I suppose, but I couldn't help the fact that I was still annoyed at him for snogging me in Potions. One, I was thirteen. Two, now everyone was harassing me about it. And three, Fred was mad at me.

So collected in my thoughts, I didn't even notice when I almost crashed into a very excited Harry Potter and Ron Weasley. "Oh—sorry guys." I injected, with another yawn.

"Hey Jaycee," Harry said with a lopsided grin.

Ron frowned at me, observing my probably dishevelled hair and eyebags. "Uh—no offence but are you okay? You kind of look like a vampire right now."

I rolled my eyes at him. "Wow—no offence taken at all Ron. What are you guys doing down here?" I asked curiously, looking between the two excited boys faces.

Harry grinned from ear to ear. "I finally got my firebolt back!"

I only noticed the new, shiny broom resting in his left hand at that moment. I smiled up at him, "Oh—that's great!"

Harry was about to reply when Blaise walked past. "Wanna come get breakfast with Theo and I, Jaycee?" He asked with hopeful eyes.

I gritted my teeth. "Nope—busy." I injected quickly.