Chapter Twelve:Written exams

A couple of days after Tento learned the Rasegan it was time for the chunin exams. Boruto made his way into a classroom full of genin from 12 to even his age. Boruto watched as Himawari and her teammates entered and then walked over to him. "Are you guys excited"? Boruto asked the three of them and they all nodded. "I'm very glad I decided to become a shinobi". Himawari told them. "I cannot wait for these exams to start". Tento said with excitement in his tone. "I wonder who here will become a chunin". You said as he looked at the other genin. A tall guy with green hair going down to his shoulders that was wearing a stone village headband walked up to Boruto and scoffed. "So you're the son of the Hokage"? The guy asked him. "Yeah, that's me". Boruto responded. "You don't look like anything special, I'm Arekuruu Chikyu so you remember the name of the man that becomes chunin before you". Arekuruu told Boruto with confidence.

Shikimaru then walked in with multiple chunin following along. He then sat in a desk in front of everyone. "All of you sit down". Shikimaru instructed them and they all did as they were told. "Welcome to the first stage of the exams , the first stage is, at a glance, an hour-long written test of ten questions. However, the first nine questions will be given first before the tenth question which is the hardest". He explained to them. "If a genin is caught cheating five times them and their team will be disqualified as a result, If one genin fails their team also fails". Shikimaru explained the rules to them. "You all may begin". Shikimaru told them. Boruto quickly filled out the first nine questions with no difficulty and he waited for the tenth one. 45 minutes later Shikimaru began to speak again. "If you cannot answer the previous nine questions the tenth can save you but if you get it wrong you can never take the exams again". Shikimaru explained and many of the genin gasped from the shock of the situation. "If you do not want to do you may leave now". Shikimaru stated causing multiple genin to stand up and leave the room. "Those of you who remain have just passed the first exam". Shikimaru said passing them. "In the real world Chunin are constantly sent into things that they have a almost zero percent chance of winning but even so they never quit".