#032

chapter 32

~better~

Furious yelling from the teacher greeted Yoon-ah upon nearing the staffroom. She watched the scene unfold with bored eyes, propping her shoulders on the worn oak doorframe.

"Han Seojun, what is the matter with you, hmm?"

"How dare you start a fistfight at school?" 

It seemed as though the teacher was only screaming at Seojun, disregarding Suho's existence in a general sense. It wasn't long before the brunette's face became as strained as that of her homeroom teacher, Mr. Han, who was looking helpless as ever. 

"What if this calls up the school violence committee?" the teacher continued yelling. "Do you want to get expelled?" 

Seojun's gaze, however, was defiant. It was apparent that the teacher's words rang hollow in his ears. All of a sudden, Yoon-ah was overwhelmed with a wave of affection. Seojun lashed out at Suho in part because of her. Even though he had no compulsion to defend her, he did so anyway. It was hard for the brunette not to feel responsible for the fact that he was in trouble right then. 

She was surprised, however, to see Suho speak up on Seojun's behalf. 

"Sir, I was the one that started the fight."

She caught sight of the way Seojun's face turned mocking at Suho's words, quickly falling back into a grimace with the teacher's prompt reply.

"Suho-yah, why are you defending him?" The teacher only sighed in response, clearly not believing that the star student of the school could be responsible for the disruption

This only served to irritate the girl. She was bothered by how the teacher showed sure favoritism towards the other boy, who was clearly at fault. While it was true Seojun had been acting uncharacteristically since morning, taking a seat next to Lim Jukyung and whatnot- who the girl knew to be Suho's crush- that did not excuse the latter's behavior.

Besides, she wasn't feeling all that friendly towards Lee Suho either, especially after he'd been rude to her moments before, so that did nothing to help the boy's position.

With a disappointed look on his face, the teacher turned to Seojun. 

"My gosh, you took a leave because of your mother's illness and this is what you do?"

"Your mother must be extremely upset because of how you behave."

He poked Seojun with a stick. The gesture was rather innocuous, intended more for disciplinary purposes, and yet Yoon-ah's face tightened. It was straight-up disrespectful. The man did not have any right to mention Seojun's ailing mother. In spite of the fact that the boy was probably the best son in existence, going the extra mile to ensure his mother's good health, the teacher chose to humiliate him like that.