🌼02🌼

02: Lost cause

02: Lost cause.

"Umm sir? Excuse me? HellOoOo~~?" The shop keeper tried calling the dazed customer. A few seconds later, Eli got snapped back into reality from his thoughts. "Ah sorry- oh did I pay?"

The shop keeper sighed before nodding as a yes. Eli apologized once more, leaving the shop with his groceries.

He almost cursed out loudly after hearing his phone ring so suddenly. He picked the phone from his pocket and placed it on his ear.

"What?!"

He said getting annoyed.

"wow, is that how you greet your sister who just survived?"

Eli's sister, Lisa hissed from the other side of the call.

"Anyways, I called to check up on you. Mom and dad told me that they were leaving you behind. Actually, I was the one who suggested them to go on a vacation!! I did good didn't I?"

Lisa's beam made him even more annoyed.

"Can't believe I have to cook and eat by myself for two whole weeks!! this is all your fault- nevermind it was good to send them on a vacation"

"Of course it was! Oh and, don't burn the whole house while cooking. Ace and I will keep on checking up on you"

"Why would you? I'm not sick or anyth-"

Before he could finish his sentence, his sister hanged up on him. Eli rolled his eyes as he started walking on the road. His eyes fell on a familiar figure and his heart started beating faster again.

Jia's vision blurred and she felt dizzy while clutching onto her head. She slipped into the darkness, falling unconscious.

Luckily, he ran to her and the moment she fell, she fell onto him. "Jia..Jia? Do you hear me?? Wake up!!" He tried waking her up but she was still unconscious.

He picked her up in a bridal style whilst holding the grocery bag. His heart broke as his gaze lowered to her much pale face.

He called for a taxi and shortly, he got into one. "where should I take you?" The driver trailed off. "The city hospital please" he told and the driver drove him to his desired destination.

As he got there and got her to the emergency room, a doctor came. He examined her and took a mental note of something.

"Oh, she shouldn't be going out and about..she had a miscarriage two days ago" The doctor told as he remembered his patient. "m-miscarriage?" Eli repeated the word as he couldn't bring himself to believe it.

"Does her husband know?" Eli asked and the doctor nodded. "He threw a fit when he found out. Well, couldn't blame him for that"

The doctor added after his nod. The doctor left after giving her some more prescriptions. Eli quietly sat down next to the hospital bed and stroked her silky hair gently.

It must've been very hard for you . . .

He thought leaning in to the chair.

.
.
.

Jia woke up to Eli snoring. He was sleeping like a baby who cuddled his mother to sleep. And she definitely knew that he was a mama's boy.

But seriously, she almost shrieked as she thought that his presence was a dream. She didn't want to wake him up and so she didn't, until someone else did.

The nurse opened the room door too loudly causing Eli to jolt up. His eyes softened as it met with Jia's eyes.

"are you..okay?" He breathed out. "Oh yeah- thanks for umm bringing me here.." she looked down on her hands that were placed on her lap, tears forming in her eyes and she simply blinked them away.

"h-hey.. it's okay.. it'll be okay, you'll get better" he assured her and she shook a her as a no. "It'll only get worse from here.. it's all my fault..if I hadn't been so irresponsible..I wouldn't have lost my baby.." a tear escaped from her eye.

"Eli.." she called out. "hmm?"

"how are you..?" She asked and he sent her a small smile. "I'm fine as you can see......hmm..is this your way of changing the topic??" He raised an eyebrow. "yeahh..did it work?" She smiled back when Eli nodded.

"How's Dean..?" When he asked she peered her eyes to the window where the sun was shining through, brightening the room. "he's fine.. I don't know what I would be doing without him.. he's very supportive.." she lied under her breath and he seemed to notice it.

To be continued..

✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️

How are your thoughts on the second chapt?