🌼10🌼

10: caught in a lie

10: caught in a lie.

A small gasp escaped from his lips. "N-No..I fell from the library staircase..that's all..I'm okay" he denied all her assumptions and assured her that he was okay even though he wasn't.

It was a lie.

"Eli, Jia, come out to eat" Eli's mother called out. They kept eye contact for a while before leaving the room towards the dinning table. They sat down with Eli's mom and dad who seemed to be upset. "How's everything, Eli?"

Eli's dad, Conner attempted to start a conversation with his son. Eli remained silent while peering at his plate of food his mother cooked for him, his favourite.

"leave him be, Conner" Becca whispered to her husband.

.
.
.

He made his decision. Eli Jones, a 23 year old ambitious man who wanted to be an accountant at a humble company was now going to ruin all his plans by joining a gang. He thought not once, not twice but many times.

He wanted to protect the people he loved even if it costed his life and happiness. For him, this was the right decision; protecting his loved ones.

"gang huh. good choice. you'll start training starting from tomorrow. do something wrong and.." Jayden did a slaughtering sign against his neck using his fingers.

Eli nodded while gulping continuously. "they will be okay..right?" Jayden chuckled.

"you're such a cute and pitiful person Eli. of course, they will be safe..as long as you are loyal to me." Jayden remarked.

As soon as he got home from visiting Jayden, he was devastated.

He bawled his eyes out while holding his knees as he stared at the plain white wall, sitting on the cold floor against his single ruled bed.

She heard him although no-one else did. She was there listening to him hurting. A wave of worry flowed through her. Jia balled her fist and was about to knock but hesitated.

She sighed and walked back towards her room with a sullen look on her face. As much as she used to like teasing him, she hated it when he cried.

he rarely cried..

Jia took out her notebook also known to be her diary and noted down whatever happened that day.

It was her new way of coping with pain and depression. She hoped it works, to finally be happy after a phase of nothing but upsetting events.

Tomorrow was going to be a big day. Dean was coming back and she had to go back home. The home she wished so dearly that it would be cozy again.

.
.
.

"Eli, can I come in?" Jia knocked on his room door. It was a new morning now, the family had breakfast and Eli had no appetite whatsoever. Eli opened his door to let Jia come in.

Jia observed his state, messy hair, no shirt which revealed the bandage and he looked really weak. She pressed her lips into a thin line before flashing him a small cream coloured box with a cute bow tie on it. "I'll be leaving today..and um..this is a gift..thank you for saving me"

She grinned sweetly at him and he felt his stomach do a flip. "y-you're leaving?" He asked taking the small box from her hand.

Jia nodded. "I'll be heading home in a few minutes" she added. The glimmer in his eyes were once again lost and she didn't notice. "see you once in a while yeah?" Eli smiled back.

Eli suddenly pulled Jia by her arm to his warm embrace completely oblivious of the fact that he didn't have a shirt on-

Jia's breath hitched and a small hue of red spread across her cheeks. "Thank you for the gift and I ..uhh..will miss you" Eli blushed cringing at his own words.

"Eli I get that but..could you let go of me now?!" Jia rolled her eyes as he let go. "Jeez I thought you were gonna kill me like that..man you're strong..but not stronger than me hah!!!!" She laughed making him laugh too.

It was now sure to say that Eli was whipped for Jia and there was no possible way of him getting rid of the feelings he held for her.

If only she would look at the same way he does to her. Oh, if only she would think of him as a man. But she already has a man :(

To be continued..

✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️

Istg I'm so late with my updates-