🌼39🌼

39: Parents

39: Parents.

Jia placed her chin on her hands, looking at the clock in which it's time that was going awfully slow. However, another week had passed in the absence of Eli who seemed to not have shown movement.

Jia had bought a house with the money saved in her bank account and with the money she received after selling the house she lived in with Dean. She also received help from her parents.

She could have lived in that house but then she would have to be constantly reminded of all the bitter memories she wanted to forget.

The new house, however, was very...new. The walls were painted in minimalistic colours and the whole house, in general, was very aesthetic.

Recently, Jia received a text from her parents that they were moving back to Werthon and so Jia was currently waiting for their arrival.

She had been dying to ask them why they deceived her. She wanted to hear their excuse if they had one to the least.

Jia and Lisa had been hanging out a lot too, these days. They had a lot to catch on because Lisa wasn't reachable for a few years.

But now that the best friends were reunited, they promised each other that they will make time for each other from time to time.

And just like that, Jia's thoughts were disrupted due to the knocks on the door. "coming!" Jia said as she got up from the chair and rushed towards the door to open it.

When she did, she saw who came by and it was her parents. Her heart was racing and cold rushed to both her hands and feet.

"h-hey.." she nervously said, brushing her cold hand on the back of her neck.

"seriously.. is that how you should greet your parents whom you haven't seen in so long?" Her mother, Mrs Mia Owens said, glaring at her.

"come inside"  Jia stood to the side giving path to her parents to walk inside of the house. Her father, Jasper dragged the suitcases inside, closing the door behind him.

The two sat down on the couch, exhausted from the long flight they had to travel. "water?" She asked and Mia nodded but Jasper remained quiet.

Jia went to the kitchen to pour some water to the glass before coming back and handing it to her mother who took a sip from it, setting it down on the coffee table.

"how is Dean?" Mia asked and Jia froze for a second before calming down. They didn't know about all the chaos that had happened. "mom, Dean isn't here anymore"

Jia softly replied. "what? he is still on a business trip?" She didn't get what Jia implied. "no, he's dead.." Jia held her own both hands and remained in posture.

"huh?" Jasper and Mia were taken back. "a few weeks ago.. he died.. but I am lucky enough to have left him way before this whole chaos happened.."

"excuse me??"

"w-why.." Jia's voice croaked. "why did you marry me off to someone..to someone like him?" The colour seemed to have left Jasper's and Mia's face.

"what nonsense.  are you talking about? you two loved each other and were very happy together..what even happened to Dean.." Mia raised her voice.

"love? mom...love seems like a joke to you.. because you paid him!! you paid him to be my husband!! to pretend to love me!!" Jia said in between sobs.

"we did it for your own good honey.." her father said, realizing what grave mistake he did by believing his wife.

"my own good? ..what would benefit me from fake love?! he loved someone else!! he never cared for me when I lost our baby! did you know i tried to die.. more than twice?" Jia wiped her tears but it kept flowing.

"sometimes I starved myself..I cut myself..went to jump off a terrace...I was drowning.. mom..please tell me..how did it benefit me.."

"Jia.." Jasper whispered, eyes brimming from tears. "and that's not all..shit there's more... sometime after I lost my child..i found out that Dean had been cheating on me..I bet you never even knew that Dean was in a gang that was world's one of the most dangerous gangs.. he tried to kill me..he hurt my friend!"

To be continued..

✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️