🌼56🌼

56: A mess

56: A mess.

Lex had already taken down Kai who was lying unconscious on the ground. Jia worriedly watched Lex fighting Mark. She was relieved that Mark didn't use his gun.

Jia took this chance to call Ace because if she called the police, they would've arrived about an hour later. She didn't want to think about the aftermath of the fight.

not yet.

Mark told himself as he lunged his hand to Lex to which he dodged. "what happened huh? all this time you were a weakling and now you're fighting back??" Mark raised his hand.

"I can pull your brains out if you touch my girl" Mark felt the possessiveness in his voice, he felt a little scared to be honest.

"I'll kill her-"

Lex pulled the gun in Mark's pocket and aimed it at him, he was standing at a distance. "oh, you are going to kill me? Do it, live with the regret that will kill you..I have seen you cry yourself to sleep..I have seen you at your worst. that guilt that kills you alive, why didn't I think of that earlier"

he smirked. "I can happily join Ashley then" he said remembering his lover. Jia had heard them and she hurried to Eli. "don't..don't kill him Eli .." she back hugged him, afraid of losing him.

Eli felt his consciousness slipping from his fingertips by every second and he hated that. He didn't want to be Lex Miller.

"if you let me live, I'll ruin her life and take it away mercilessly"

"If you let me live, I'll torture her to death"

"If you let me live, I'll drown her to the extent that she forgets how to breathe and suffocates"

Jia cried as she placed her hands on both his ears, for him to not hear him. "If you let me live, I will stab her many times and put her body in a box, in a place where no-one can find her"

"I'll kill her"

Jia placed her head on Eli's back as she sobbed softly. Eli's hands were shaking as he aimed the gun at him, slowly pulling the trigger. Jia pushed his hand making the bullet land on Mark's arm instead of his chest.

Eli was suddenly pulled into his own mind.

that day..

As soon as Lex shot the bullet, he himself fell and Jia placed his head on her lap, droplets of tears falling onto his face. "idiot!! why do you have to save me all the time!!look at how hurt you get everytime.."

Lex reached out to tuck in the stray strand of hair before her ear, his bloodied hand staining her cheek in the process of retreating it.

Eli clasped his hand on his mouth, his shoulders shaking because he was crying.

The sirens of police cars were heard and the soft sound of the rain which was hitting their skin, their bodies.

Eli saw Lisa running over to hug Jia. He then caught sign of the gun in his hand and the shot Mark on the ground who was losing a lot of blood.

I messed up again

He looked at the cloudy unclear dark sky, the stars weren't at all visible and barely was the white moon. Just like that, the sins, the burdens, the cruelness had buried all his innocence and sanity.

Jia walked to Eli with what seemed like a napkin, she reached over to clean the cut in his lip. "stop crying Eli" Jia could see the tears falling down though the rain had covered it.

"I messed up..I always mess up..god I..I don't deserve to be forgiven.." He sobbed and a sad smile formed on her face. "I love you Jia..I don't know what got into me..how could I ever believe that..how dare i..I hurt you.."

Jia took hold of both his hands and kissed his knuckles before hugging him. She missed his embrace, the embrace that was warm even when it was cold in the outside world. It made her feel safe.

He wrapped his arms around her too, not getting enough. He didn't care if people looked at them, he just wanted to be in that moment, forever and always.

"I am sorry I made you wait long for me" Eli whispered into her ear. "you waited even longer for me, this is not even close to that"

To be continued..

✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️

JiLi is back!!